Wednesday, March 18, 2009

out of the mouth of a genius...

"Mama I like pineapple don't I?"

"Yes you do honey."

"Mama why do we say 'don't I'?"

"What do you mean?"

"Why do we say 'don't I' instead of saying like 'I like pineapple, I do'?"

"Hmmm hun, that is a really good question and I am not sure, it doesn't make as much sense does it?"

(He went on to further esplain how it does not make sense to say 'don't I' when he is actually asking if he does or asking if I know he does, and why use 'don't' when he is asking if he does...genius I tell ya)

7 om's.:

LJ said...

Ok, that was too freaking cute

Eden Riley said...

HA! He makes perfect sense, he does!!

XOX

MSEH said...

Yes, I wish I had been better at writing down all the things like that that Walker has said. Kids are amazing...

Anonymous said...

what a cutie!

Fat Chick said...

Bliss is obviously a genious, because he is so right. I never thought about it, but it's true and he's got a great point: Why DO we say don't?

Peeveme said...

Man I hate it when they ask questions for which there is no good answer.

MrsSpock said...

He's right!