Thursday, May 17, 2007

the story of the hat...

This is a picture of the first time Bliss was at the beach. He took a handful of sand and ate it. It was gross but I let him have at it. The hat on his head was my favorite. It was the only hat he ever let me put on him without tearing off. He loved it. It was made from cotton and I believe crocheted. It had a ton of give and would even fit my huge head. I envisioned him wearing it all his life. I have no clue where we lost it. I rarely ever lose things. I am sure it feel out of the stroller at a store or park one day. I twice tried to hire someone to make me another exactly like it. It had been a gift and there was no way to buy it anywhere. I probably spent in excess of 20 hours online trying to find another exactly like it. The hat I bought on our trip is vastly different, and much warmer, but it is in the same spirit of this one.

If anyone ever sees this hat, I will happily pay for it and it's shipping to get to us.

So now ya'll know the story of the hat.

In other news I am on cd 7, have ordered the vials, and am in the midst of Clomid hell, but besides that all is well.

4 om's.:

Amanda said...

The hat is adorable, and so is Bliss!

Good luck with your cycle this month!!

bleu said...

Thanks, I think so too. Now if someone knew where to buy another...

Yeah So said...

I would be happy to make another for you, but I am not sure where I could get the stretchy cotton yarn...it was really stretchy? Do you think it was 100% cotton or had some kind of elastic in it? I could look around and see if I could find some inexpensive colorful cotton yarn for a replacement.

bleu said...

Starfish, The yarn/string was 100% cotton, it was stretchy because it was crocheted so it had a lot of give, but it was just cotton. I would be thrilled if you knew how to make one and I could paypal you any expenses for your time and materials.