Sunday, September 09, 2007

on our way...

I had insems on Friday and Saturday. I am a bit bummed because I had zero CM which is strange for me. I am trying to be positive though.

I have also lost 6.5 pounds since last Sunday which makes me feel really good. I still weigh more than ever but at least I am headed in the right direction. I also feel good about how I am doing it. Nothing extreme and nothing unrealistic.

I am heading out tomorrow with Bliss for our trip. I am excited and really looking forward to being on the road with him. He is so excited he is running in circles today.

I did a bunch of shopping so I can cook all our food on the road to save some money. I also did it so I can stay on target as much as possible. I am not sure how I will treat the S'mores part of the trip when we are in the woods, but I am treating it as a potential learning experiment. Either I will go off plan at times, and practice getting right back on plan at my next meal, or I will juggle calories and make room for said s'mores and stay on plan. To be honest I am really only looking forward to one s'more and maybe one ridiculous priced coffee drink with too many calories, but that is really about it. So we will see how I do and what I decide, but whatever I choose I will set my main goal as not getting down on myself for any choices I make on our vacation.

In other news, when we get back I will be getting some info that will help me make some plans for if this cycle does not work. I have a possibility of getting insurance that will cover IF. It will cause a domino effect in many other areas of my life that I am just not sure is ok when I look at the bigger picture of our future. I do, though, think that I will finally be able to get some clarity on if it will not only be possible, but worthwhile to pursue. I think I will be able to know by the end of the month which really makes me happy. I am the absolute worst with limbo situations and I always have been, so having some clarity will make me feel much better. I do have a question for the blogosphere. Has anyone gotten new insurance for IF. If I get this my doc is ready to refer me to the IF Clinic, but could the insurance say it is pre-existing. Also, can the say I have to do another 6 months of trying before treatments? I am 40 so it would be less time but I am concerned about all of this. I also am paranoid about speaking directly with them because I do not want them to possibly use it against me. The insurance is UHC and it has great IF coverage. I do not want to go into details in the open, but feel free to email me to talk details.

3 om's.:

Lollipop Goldstein said...

I hope you're having a wonderful trip. Congratulations on the weight loss. And the possibility of new insurance...

Unknown said...

Keeping fingers crossed that IVF isn't necessary. If it is, though, keeping fingers crossed some more than it is covered and easy!!

Have a great vacation!

Anonymous said...

thinking positive thoughts for you, hoping this is THE month