Friday, February 20, 2009

news on dirt...

I just got the call from the Vet. They found epithelial neoplasia cells in the slides from Dirt's lump.They can be adenoma (benign tumor in origin) or adenocarcenoma (malignant) but in cases of these findings they always recommend immediate lumpectomies. When I had thyroid cancer I had papillary and adenocarcenoma. The latter is a fast growing kind and with how fast this lump appeared under her nipple I fear it may likely be that.

The vets feel it was caught extremely early and we will have the mass sent out to get 100% confirmation of exactly what is in it but it all makes me sad. She is my baby, she has been through so much with me. She feels fine this is way to early to cause any physical ailments but it still makes me weep.

Surgery is scheduled for this upcoming Wednesday. We are lucky in that the vet hospital is near.

6 om's.:

Anonymous said...

Oh, honey. As if you don't have enough on your plate right now. Sending warmth and healing thoughts to Dirt and to all of your family.

LJ said...

Oh Dirt! Good luck in surgery!

Pepper said...

Oh no! I hope the vet is right and that it was caught very early or is benign.

Billy said...

Sad news.
Good thing you were alert and caught it early. Hope Dirt will be O.K.

Anonymous said...

Poor Dirt. I hope the surgery clears it up beyond question. Sorry to that your stuff got trashed in the move.

MrsSpock said...

I hope it's benign!