Saturday, April 04, 2009

quick update...

We are in the house. It truly has been hell.

My wonderful, amazing memory foam bed was somehow soaked. I am not even going to begin to try and figure out whose fault this was but it devastated me beyond what I can explain.
I did not get to sleep in my bed the night we moved, or the next night. Finally after the most recent movers flaked for 2 days I hired some local high school boys to move it into the house.

Last night was my first night in my bed. My level of physical pain from overdoing it and moving and unpacking was such that I took one vicodin in order to even bear laying down as Tylenol was a joke. Needless to say I did sleep well.

I have so missed this bed.

We are still trying to unpack, it will take a very long time. Today we finally got a cord of wood delivered as the previous owners tenant did not leave beyond 6 pieces of wood which was not supposed to happen. We have a wood furnace and wood stove fireplace so this was necessary.

Fortunately it has been very warm so we have been fine with the baseboard heat around the house and the weather.

The creek in the backyard is in full flood mode (nowhere near the house and not a bad thing) with the snow melt so we only hear a rushing river sound off the back deck. It is truly beautiful.

We got a lot unpacked in the kitchen today, I am trying not to overdo but I also only have 2+ weeks left and I have to get stuff organized before I am spending every moment breast feeding and gazing.

The dial-up internet is worse than even I imagined it would be. I also just learned my Mac has no phone modem so I have to go pick one up for it, right now I am using Bliss' laptop (my old PC) until I sort that out. It feels awful to be so unconnected but we really do have so much to do it is not the priority right now. I DO hope to gawd I get high speed soooooooon but who knows.

I am ok physically beyond the pain of unpacking although my hands feel still and my knees and feet hurt. They do not look swollen but feel like it. I am also having hip pain but to be honest I am so shocked it has not happened up until now that I am not complaining.

I had to cancel the OB this week because of the move but I see him Monday.

Hopefully I will be back on here in the next few days with more news and a pic of me Bliss and my belly.

Much love to all.

14 om's.:

tireegal68 said...

oh what an ordeal - I am so sorry. That sucks! take some time to rest your weary bones and listen to the creek on the deck!
Would love to see pics when you are fully wired - including where you are and how the belly is and how Soul is!
take care, thinking positive sunny warm wood fired thoughts for you!

battynurse said...

Ugg. I hope things start improving soon. Hugs to you.

R said...

Glad you are kicking and knowing that it will all fall into place.. hugs to you!!

Anonymous said...

Glad you're in your home now.

Billy said...

Hope too things will get better soon!

That creek, with the noise of a flowing river.. sounds really lovely :-).

Anonymous said...

ohh..i cant wait to see the belly shot!! :D

glad to hear you are in your new home. that *really* sucks about the damage to your mattress. really.

K said...

So glad you're getting settled in. It must feel great to be able to put down roots at last, and just in the nick of time! Looking forward to more news and pics. :-)

annacyclopedia said...

Oh sweetheart! I wish I was there to help - I may not be too big on the heavy lifting right now but I could clean and unpack and cook and make you mugs of tea and generally fuss over you while you put your feet up. Know I am doing that in my heart and sending you all my wishes for all the support you need.

Sam said...

I'm so glad that you are in your home. I like Soul Journey best. It speaks to me.

Peeveme said...

Man, I know how much you were looking forward to sleeping in your own bed.

I hope the worst of it is over and all you have to do is some settling in.

MrsSpock said...

We have a memory foam mattress as well, and I truly physically can't tolerate anything else. I feel your pain! I hope you are able to rest as much as you can!

Navigating The Rapids said...

Glad you're in your new home. I know what it's like to want everything unpacked yesterday, but try to give yourself a rest as best you can.

Jess said...

Congrats on finally being settled in your new home!! I hope all is going well for the three of you (when is little Soul going to make his/her entrance??).

N7 said...

HAPPY NEW HOME!!!! I am so happy this is all unraveling and working out for you- you hav been through a slight hell and a half during this pregnancy!!!!
I am DYINGGGGGGGGGGG to see a pic of the belly miss- and Bliss!!!! But....I have this feeling....just this sort of giddy feeling that since you haven't been around that maybe the belly is no more? Hmmmmm WHERE ARE YOU BLEU!!!!!??????