Sunday, May 03, 2009

it begins...

So I began having contractions around 4am Saturday. I was really surprised and happy about it. They were not patterned but they were strong. I slept on and off until about 8:30 and when I got up I began losing my mucus plug. That didn't even happen with Bliss.

I had contractions throughout the day, some easier than others. I did breast pumping, yoga ball bouncing, homeopathics, orgasm, and walking some to try and keep them coming. Nothing seemed to really get them going regularly but I did have them every 15-20 minutes most the day.

Last night they seemed to get more regular, and more painful, around every 15 minutes. I got about 3 hours solid sleep and then short naps. Since about 4:15 this morning they have been very very painful (cannot talk through them) and around 7-12 minutes apart.

I have been using Contraction Master to keep track, and like it. It works even when offline which is good when you only have dial up.

I am having some blood tinge when I pee still which I am thinking is a great sign even though it is very little amounts. Anything that reads dilation possibility to me is a good thing.

In my head I am thinking I would not go in to hospital until they were 5 apart and regular, we shall see how the day goes.

Yesterday morning was cute because Dirt came onto my bed and laid against my belly. She is so good to me that lil dog, plus when she labored with Henrietta she laid on MY belly the entire time.

Bliss is sleeping peacefully next to me and it is magical to look at him through this, he truly inspires me, even if he did climb on my belly like 10 times yesterday.

So I am hopeful but cautious and just happy I may have a chance at my own labor here.

I will try and update later.

20 om's.:

Billy said...

Very exciting!!!

Beanies said...

Wonderful news gorgeous lady. Am thinking of you and can't wait to hear how you have grown to your family of three.

Kim-n-Megan said...

Wow how exciting I cannot wait to log on later to find that you have had the baby!!!

Anonymous said...

eek! i am SO excited for you!! i cant wait to meet soul!

MrsSpock said...

Hooray! Come out Little Baby!

Fat Chick said...

FANTASTIC NEWS!!! I'm so excited for you! Saw your tweets.

MaverickMama said...

You have work ahead, but I know it is work you are so happy to accomplish. May the journey be everything you wish.

ohchicken said...

sounds like a beautiful beginning to labor. thank you for taking the time to chronicle such a sacred experience. i'm sending lots of love your way. you're almost here, little soul.

R said...

OH WONDERFUL!! I cant wait to meet and see Soul!! WOO HOO! He/she be here anytime now.. i am sending you positive energy and I hope labor goes well for you :)

calliope said...

wooo!
boiling some water for you & getting excited!
um Bliss knows how to blog for us, right?? heh.
xoxo

Solitaire said...

Very exciting! I hope it goes wonderfully well.

vee and jay said...

Good luck my love. We're thinking of you. Hope it goes how you want it to. Can't wait to meet your little one!

Dora said...

Awesome! Waiting impatiently for updates!

tireegal68 said...

Yippee! keep those contractions coming! I am so excited to meet your little Soul!
take care and many blessings for a good labor:)

Sam said...

YAY!!! Thinking of you and sending contraction/dilation wishes your way.

M said...

Ahhhh I'm dying to know what's happening?!?! Update us pleeeease :)

AJ said...

Ahhhhhh...... COme on little soul, so that we can all meet your beautiful little face.

Kriss said...

Blue sending you postive labor thoughts!!! I hope your labor is everything you want it to be. Can't wait to hear of the baby's arrival! -kriss

annacyclopedia said...

Oh, wow, Bleu! I am so excited for you that you are laboring. I am sending you strong, regular contraction vibes and opening, releasing, softening cervix vibes, too. Woot!

judy said...

Anything yet? I am waiting with bated breath.
namaste,
Judy