Sunday, March 22, 2009

middle names...

So I am very particular about names for my child/ren.

I know the first name years prior. The middle name usually not until right before birth.

I do not like gender specific names at all.

I really care about the meaning of the names.

Bliss Om is about the creation of Bliss. It fit and fits perfectly.

Soul is the name of this baby.

I have been really discussing middle names with Bliss lately because I like the idea of him having input.

He said he may like the idea of sharing a middle name with the baby which I like but we decided we are not sure.

So I am writing what we are thinking of down, but let me be clear, I am not needing opinions, I am VERY comfortable with my choices and am writing this more for the record and the enjoyment of being able to later look at how this came to pass. Plus I thought I would share it with the blog world.

Soul Om (which would be the sharing which may be really adorable)
Soul Breath
Soul Zen
Soul Light (sadly this CANNOT be used due to our last name)
Soul Peace


And yes they are all crunchy, I would not have it any other way.

Anyhow thought I would share.

22 om's.:

Peeveme said...

I like the idea of a shared middle name...plus I think I like that configuration the best.

mulberry said...

if bliss is not sure about the sharing of the name... you might consider an alternate spelling of Om, Aum... like sharing, but not completely :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aum

mulberry said...

sorry if that qualified as an opinion... was trying to help you have it all :)

Anonymous said...

i love them all (but it's really hard not to share an opinion of my fav!) ;-)

holly said...

I love them all! I also love the non-gender specific names. If I wasn't so intent on honoring my Grandmother, I would have gone that route too.

I also think crunchy granola is good :)

MaverickMama said...

I love using names to link families. My son's middle name is that of his grandfather. I would have used my middle name if I had a girl. Additionally I nearly named my son the feminine version of my name. Names are important.

Anonymous said...

I love names with meaning. I think it gives my kids a link to their heritage and how they fit into the world. Well, my world!

R said...

YEAHHHHHHHHHHH!! I LOVE THEM ALLLLLLLL!!!! GREAT NAMES!! CRUNCHY ROCKS!! :) Can't wait to meet little miss/or mr.!! :) It seems that the time is NOW!!!! LOL

Billy said...

I loved the idea of both kids sharing a middle name :-)
And Soul! Wow! What a nice name!!

M said...

Soul Zen!! I love it!

Kriss said...

I love the name Soul. I was thinking about the joy you must feel thinking about having a new baby. I looked up Joy and another word for Joy is Jewel. Soul Jewel would be pretty too. Just thought I would throw that out there. :) Congrats Bleu!

Cajun Cutie said...

I love your choices. I think the name soul is very beautiful. It would be very cute if your children shared their middle name. Sorry you couldn't use light as a middle name. I think that one was my favorite. Perhaps you could use a different version of light? maybe light in a french or something? I also was wondering if you considered Deva which is Hindu and means divine. I by no means want you to think that I am against your lovely choices. I think they are wonderful and was just suggesting an alternative for light since you said you couldn't use it. Whatever you choose I am sure will be beautiful

Lollipop Goldstein said...

Giving a name is such an act of love. I love the twins' names and what they mean (they are phrases like my name). In fact, we give TWO middle names. You can never have too many names :-)

Lollipop Goldstein said...

By the way, you know this just means that you're going to get a music card of my warbling Yael Naim's "New Soul" after the birth...

LJ said...

Beautiful names, all of them...

Unknown said...

Excellent choices, All!

Anonymous said...

Peace is a lovely middle name... (oops, i guess that's an opinion)

:)

Demeter said...

Lovely names! All!

Anonymous said...

soul is a beautiful name.

how lovely that you are so close to meeting her/him.

Anonymous said...

I am the anonymous lurker "rose". Hope you love your doppler. But I wanted to tell you what a wonderful "Journey" you have been through. I have been reading your blog since almost the beginning! I love your writing and your thought process! With all the ups and downs, really big highs, and really low lows, his "Journey" to have this wonderful baby is incredible! Now I dont want to give you my 2 cents as you didnt want it, but what a great way to share this "Journey" with this new baby, by using it as an option for a middle name?

OK, delete me if you want! Love ya,

MrsSpock said...

Crunchy is good! Having had the most popular name for girls in the 70s (25% of all girls born the same year I was share my name)- the more unique and meaningful the better! Any name you guys choose will be great, no doubt!

K said...

I like all of them! Can't wait to hear which one you choose.