Monday, February 02, 2009

com-plain-ing...

OK this is the corniest title ever. I am in the plains in Nebraska tonight. We are fine, just tired and I am cranky. We limited today's driving to under 5 hours only to run into Central Standard Time and have the clock jump ahead a fucking hour so it never felt like we got to relax more.

ugh

We have been having bad fast food karma as in we stop at an Arby's so I can get a sandwich that is somewhat healthy with some non-sweetened iced tea and they take over 35 minutes to get our food for us and then they mess up Bliss' order. Then we stop at a place for roomie the next day since I had half a sandwich left and that place, with no one there even takes 20 minutes to get her plain cheeseburger for her.

I am eating pretty well but am not hungry much. This morning I dry heaved for a long time again which is just so old.

Bliss is doing well, I get on his case at times, but truly it is 99% my own crap as usual. We went swimming tonight at this hotel and it was nice, just the 2 of us in the pool. Right now he is playing with my foot as I type and he is SUPPOSED to be asleep but I am not getting on him. This is such a hard thing, this driving across the entire continent.

I am limiting driving to 5 hours actual drive time because with stops it is always 7 and we have to do no more than that, it is too hard. I have been able to not drive twice and take short naps but once awake again I start getting woozy not driving so I get back in front. I am sore but ok.

It seems no matter what we planned with regards to driving we would hit Quebec City too late to clear the moving truck until the following Monday which had helped me in deciding on the less hours driving rule. So this trip is taking far longer than expected. We will not be in Nova Scotia until around thew 10th or 11th but I have had to let go and just go with it


The baby seemed not to move yesterday and last night I got out the doppler (thanks AGAIN Rose) and got scared for a few but then found it. I swear if this child makes it through the teenage years without me ranting about all I went through while pregnant it will truly be a miracle.

The dogs are ok but after packing the van so carefully and having the entire back bench seat for them, they are spending all their time on the floor at our feet all squished. It is rough on them (and YES I considered saying "ruff" on them but didn't so there).

The weather thus far has been clear and sunny and barely any snow even on the ground. We have been lucky even though Bliss is dying for snow so much that he is making parking lot snow balls and trying to eat them (I quickly halted him on that). The static electricity has been making him and the dogs nuts so I have taken to spraying them all with my no static mix at every opportunity.

So that is all for now. I need to go get the clothes out of the hotel dryer and try to get to sleep. I miss my memory foam bed a TON!!!

.

17 om's.:

battynurse said...

I bet you do miss your bed. Most hotel beds are super hard. Sorry it's taking longer than planned but you will get there and better to get there safely and a bit less stressed than try to push it too much. Hugs to you.

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking of you and hoping you get to your destination quickly, safely and peacefully.

Anonymous said...

What an epic journey! You truly are a woman of steel.

R said...

Hey!! You will be there before you know it! Just wanted to send some positive vibes and good driving energy to you guys :)

Anonymous said...

Goodness... at least you only have to make this trip once. Glad to hear you are making progress, and every day you're that much closer to NS!

Take care and be safe! Big hug...

Peeveme said...

Sounds like you guys are doing as well as can be expected under the circumstance. I like how you are taking it slowly and letting the trip take as much time as it needs to take. Thinking of you guys and wishing you better fast food karma.

j said...

Hey - I don't know if you will see comments - but are you stopping in my state on your way northward?

Pepper said...

The thing about a hard trip that's usually a downer is knowing I'll have to return within a few days or weeks. But you're on a one-way trip! I hope that helps with the tough spots.

Hang in there! I still have fond memories of the cross country trips we took as kids and I'm sure Bliss is enjoying himself on this new adventure.

Billy said...

Thank you for the update.
Hope the rest of the journey goes by well.

annacyclopedia said...

Epic indeed! I'm glad you're just doing as much as you can everyday and not sweating it too much about getting to Nova Scotia quicker. You have to take care of yourself in the midst of all this upheaval, and that is a mighty long way to travel. Wishing you safe and easy travels, and love and light to you all.

Dora said...

Yikes! You are one strong woman! I would be such a huge cranky pants!

Anonymous said...

Be safe!

MrsSpock said...

Traveling is second on my list of most hated things, right next to moving!

If you come through Ohio, you will see plenty of snow- just don't eat the yellow kind :).

tireegal68 said...

Hi! I am rooting for you all and hoping that your plodding but methodical journey north east is safe, peaceful and has some nice moments in between the grind.
Take care - and I know what you mean about the memory foam. Sometimes we travel with a mattress topper - we are such queens!
peace,
TG:)

Carey said...

Yes... what a journey!! Glad it's going well though!! Thanks for keeping us posted too!! :)

MSEH said...

What route are you taking? Coming into NB from Quebec and down/across the Trans-Canada to NS? If so, and the timing is right, we'd be happy to provide a meal, etc.

And, if you don't already know this... brace yourself. You won't find unsweetened iced tea here. Anywhere. My partner is still not over that detail.

MSEH said...

Hoping you read the comments - just wanted to make sure that you know about faxing vehicle info at least 72 hours prior, etc., etc. I'm not assuming you don't, given all the work that has gone into the move, but I know of others who didn't have clarity on all the importing a vehicle stuff.