Sunday, November 23, 2008

birthday...

Bliss' birthday went really well. We spent the morning opening gifts and playing and then he got to watch Star Wars (the original made not the first in the series) for the first time ever. He loved it.

I spent the morning throwing up, badly. The kind where it makes you sick all day long. I am back to battling throwing up, and pretty miserable. I was ok by the time we left for Chuck.E.Cheese.

He knew we were going there but he thought it was just us. The friends were waiting and jumped out and yelled surprise and when he realized it was a party for him he laid down on the floor in shock. He is so funny.

The party was small (4 other kids 3 other adults) but really nice and Bliss had a really good time. I nibbled some cheese pizza and some salad and was very pleased I did not have to throw up there.

After the song was sung and the cake was cut and served I surprised him with his big gift. He got the Millennium Falcon which is this HUGE thing and he was sooo shocked and thrilled.

We got home at bedtime almost and were exhausted.

I will post some pics on this post when I get them downloaded.

As for the trip post it is coming, I swear. I am just not feeling well and not up to very much. I finally caught up on my reader and am so far behind on shows it is a joke. Every night I go to bed when Bliss does and still I am tried all day. This cold is kicking my ass.

I promise to get the trip post out this week though.

11 om's.:

Billy said...

Glad Bliss had such a good time on his birthday :-).

Hope you feel better soon.

R said...

Hope Bliss had a fabulous BIRTHDAY!! Feel better!!

Anonymous said...

Hi, I just found your blog. It is great to see other queer mamas out there. I'm looking forward to reading your story. Bliss is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Aww, Happy Birthday to Bliss - glad he had a fantastic day.

JJ said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Bliss! SO glad it was a great day=)

Anonymous said...

a millennium falcon??!! WOW!!! Awesome gift.

So sorry you are feeling ralphy- I hope it gets better SOON.

Peeveme said...

Sounds like the type of birthday he will always remember! You just made him such a great memory!

So sorry about all the sickness. I can't believe you are still sick. Hopefully it wont be long until it goes away. I don't know how you are doing it all. I imagine you just have to do it when you have no other options. One just has to get-up, throw-up and then suck it-up.

Mermaid said...

I'm so glad Bliss enjoyed his day so much! And his first Star Wars - awesome!

Fat Chick said...

That is a great birthday story! Glad it was fun. You have had one whirlwind of a November! I hope it calms down for you soon.

tobacco brunette said...

Cool party. Showed this post to Ted and now he's drooling for the day that he gets to introduce Owen to Star Wars.

Great job, mommy!

XO

dana said...

Glad Bliss had a great birthday. I can't wait to share the original Star Wars with Luca - it was my ALL TIME fave as a kid. Sorry you are battling a bug and am sending you get well vibes. I know you're busy - but I was "tagged" for the first time and tagged you in return. Hope it's okay!

www.lucahas2mommies.blogspot.com