Saturday, November 01, 2008

tricks and treats...

HAPPY SAMHAIN!!!!!!!







1 Reese's small peanut butter egg from Easter
1 normal size Reese's peanut butter cup
2 Brach's caramels
2 Smarties (pieces, not rolls)
1/2 of a plain caramel apple
2 bites of carrot cake
slushy lemonade

That was the extent of my sweets intake yesterday. That should very much tell you how much I am NOT into sweets while pregnant, seriously.

We had a good time trick-or-treating at a local downtown that has a great event. Bliss also decided how many treats he wanted and then was done, it was strange but happy for me as I was BOILING in that suit. I am also mortified it was snug on me as it is a blow up suit, but kids still freaked at it and bliss loved that so all was worth it.

It rained the night before, FINALLY, and rained a little in the day but was clear when we went trick-or-treating. Then in the evening when we set up to hand out candy, which Bliss loves to do, it began raining again. I was handing out huge handfuls of candy per person just hoping to run out and the rain kept getting stronger and people stopped coming. Sadly I still have lots left but I will pass it out to the mail people and any delivery drivers that stop by over the coming week.

I also keep forgetting to mention my 3 hour GD test and now seems appropriate.

My fasting level was 90 (65-99 range)
My 1 hour level was 211 (65-199 range) high
My 2 hour level was 115 (65-139 range)
My 3 hour level was 66 (65-109 range)

The docs say it is not a clear pass, which I disagree with but whatever. They say I need to watch it, which I have been, and that I must retest at 24 weeks. We shall see, that will be around moving time so I am not sure but I am trying to be careful of what I eat.

Speaking of eating, my new thing, besides soups which are still doing me well, is 4 P's. I take some potato salad I got at the store, add cut up pickles, and pepperocini's and potato chips on the side. It was only a small thing of potato salad thank goodness. I am not even usually a big potato chip person. So aside from that I have been trying to really watch what I eat and keep the carbs down. I have not thrown up in almost a week but still have close calls.

7 om's.:

mulberry said...

thems some crazy costumes! sounds like you guys had fun!

how weird it must be to find yourself eating things that would normally not appeal at all... i am sure when i am pregnant, i will crave beef or something. it has been 27 years since i have had any red meat... i barely tolerate the fish and bird i reintroduced to my diet when i discovered i have celiac.

i love that the little passenger is demanding it's way with your appetite. anything to remind you that it's there and all is well :)

Billy said...

How Bliss has grown!
Gald you had a good time trick-or-treating!

Pitty the GD is not a clear pass according to doc. Hope it will all be O.K.

MrsSpock said...

My 3 hr GTT had numbers almost the exact same as yours- they told me I passed. I almost passed out in the waiting room by the 1st hour, and then again on the way home. Horrid! I'd rather pluck out my own eyeballs than ever do that test again.

I never really ate sweets or carbs while pregnant either, though the midwife would harp on me to lay off them because I was gaining so much. I don't think they ever believed that I couldn't stand them.

battynurse said...

I LOVE your costume. That is soooo fantastic. Bliss sure looks cute too.

N7 said...

HOW CUTE!!! LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL @ YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL FOR 3 HOURS AT YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have balls man...I am so in awe of your costume and balls of public display! And little Bliss is ADORABLE!!!! He had to be like "I have the coolest mom in the nation"

(Your 4 P's rule by the way)

Anonymous said...

ha! I totally didn't realize that was you in the 1st photo. well done!

Jen said...

You both look fabulous!