Monday, November 19, 2007

let the stims begin...

Today I dropped down to 5 units of Lupron. I have been having pretty nasty headaches from it and they have been worsened by this crud cold sinus thing going around. I finally resorted to Tylenol this weekend but managed to keep it to one dose per day. I am trying to not put anything more that absolutely necessary in me right now.

Tonight I began stims. I take 150 units of Menopur and 375 of Follistim. I am really glad to be here as it is one more big step closer to the ER and the ET.

I also had my first food from the "bad" list. I had a soft pretzel at Sams Club. I do not want to know what horrid additives they have in them or it will make me ill but they have the BEST soft pretzels. I never even eat them anywhere else they have spoiled me for all time. It was good but I was stressed at the time from Lupron loopiness and probably did not enjoy it as much as I could have. I get my first cheat day this week but it is mixed with my vacation days for Thanksgiving. It actually makes it really hard that it is coming up so fast. I am staying strong so far but my goddess I want to just eat oatmeal with tons of butter and brown sugar covered in half and half with a huge cup of coffee. lmao I swear that is what I have been craving. The sad thing is I can make oatmeal, a normal amount, a 1000 calorie meal. So sad.

I am gearing up for my Bliss's 5th birthday this Wednesday. It makes me quite emotional. All the cliches about how fast babies grow were a gross understatement. Time has flown by and it only seems to get faster and faster. It truly crushes me. I have this urge to express so much about him but I will save that for his birthday.


The shopping is done and I am very excited about Thanksgiving. I just adore cooking that meal. This year I am scaling down a bit because of my diet. None of my special stuffing and only pumpkin pie. I usually make 3-4 different pies but that would just be self abuse after the 2 days off I get and I am not prepared to suffer that way. The stuffing is also for those reasons and because it is hard to make a tiny amount. I am actually fine without it, it means I will have yummy rolls instead. I will be eating TONS of mashed potatoes though!!!

7 om's.:

Unknown said...

Congrats on the stims. Happy Birthday, Bliss! Happy Thanksgiving!

MaverickMama said...

Oh don't tell me that the time flies faster. I ache to see my little boy growing and changing so fast that I fear I'm missing out on enjoying each new development. He just started crawling and he is nearly walking. In less then four months he will be a year old. How does this happen???

bleu said...

Thanks Sara!!!

Maverick Mama it is really true and so awful. Bliss crawled for only a couple weeks and was walking. Everything gets faster exponentially and it is so frightening. I wish I knew how it happened but it is not fair at all.

Lollipop Goldstein said...

I have the same downfall with stuffing. It's hard. It's really hard to diet when you're cycling too so I give you major points.

R said...

Your blog gives me hope, that no matter what, you can be a mommy, single or with someone, and I really needed to see that right now. Thanks and lots of luck and babydust to you!!

battynurse said...

yum, the oatmeal sounds good. Although I sort of prefer cream of wheat, but with everything else. You are amazing that you manage to stick to an eating plan in the middle of the fertilicoaster. Happy Birthday to Bliss and Happy Thanksgiving to both of you.

gold star said...

yum. your craving sounds so delicious.

have a wonderful thanksgiving!