Monday, November 05, 2007

shit shit shit...

So I spent two more hours on the phone this morning, being told the drugs were not covered, again, by the pharmacy and then calling back the insurance and being told that not only were they covered but here was a reference number. Finally the head manager of the pharmacy had a conference call with a head at my insurance and myself and the insurance person from the pharmacy and the end result, I am not covered for Gonal-F, Menopur, or Pregnyl (HCG). I am so peeved I cannot see straight. I am aware these drugs are often not covered, but 5 yes FIVE different people have told me they were at my insurance over the past week so it really ticks me off. It is also not fun when this is thrown last minute at me and now I am scrambling to figure out which credit card to charge these on. I talked to the doc and I can use Follistim if it is easier. I have a vial of it and the pen left from before which is good but still need 3-4 more 900 vials to get what I need. So anyone who has extra meds feel free to contact me and in the meantime I am scrambling and fuming.

7 om's.:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to e-mail you a link to a hush, hush website.
I also think you should beg for some donated meds from your clinic...never hurts to ask!

but it sucks that you were given wrong info- so so lame!
xo

bleu said...

Oh I asked hun. The thing is with my small cozy family clinic they just don't have any.

Deb said...

That totally stinks!
I hate when people can't figure out what they are talking about!

Anonymous said...

bugger, i wish i had some left over meds to give you (i am not sure they would get through customs though!)

i hope some fall off the back of a truck for you or something...

gold star said...

I think E emailed you about Gonal F. We've got some left and will ship it out!

bleu said...

Thanks so much everyone and Goldstar thanks a TON. You can also always email ad I am clickable.

lady in waiting said...

oh no! i think i only have leftover lupron :( i'll check tonight though to make sure. i haven't stimmed in awhile so i think everything was expired. i hope you find the meds you need - how frustrating! good luck.