Monday, November 12, 2007

so it begins...

I began Lupron today. I am so glad to have started this phase because it means I am that much closer to the ER/ET dates. I have not had headaches or hot flashes yet but the mood thing....well let's just say I was a raving jerk for about an hour this morning and I really hope it was just me having an off day. I had to apologize to my son for being a grumpy meanie and tell him in the future if Mama starts using her "big voice" (as he calls it) to just ask me to hold him and I would quiet right down and be nicer because I could never be angry or grumpy while holding him, and because our rule that "niceness matters."

So of course the rest the day I have felt bad and after also apologizing to the roomie I am feeling much better.

On a strange note I found two half eaten bananas in my front yard, random.

I am working on meditation and jest being really present on my emotions when they begin to go haywire, or at least that is the goal.

I would also love non-carb, non sugar, non bread/flour/yogurt,banana ideas for breakfast beyond scrambled, fried, and omletted (my own word here) eggs. It is so strange, I can eat the same thing every single day if it is plain yogurt with granloa and honey or fruit and honey, or if it is a toasted wheat bagel with peanut butter and a banana, but when it is bacon and eggs or any of my now choices I seem to go nuts eating the same thing daily. I don't get it.

8 om's.:

Anonymous said...

yay! you know it is getting close when you begin the Loopy Lupron!

You should ask Sarah Solitaire for some breakfast ideas.

Unknown said...

I don't have any recipe suggestions - I'm a yogurt in the morning type myself. Lots of good luck with the Lupron and staying sane!

starrhillgirl said...

How about soft boiled eggs? They are good with some butter and salt and nutritional yest.

Hooray for beginning!

Anonymous said...

what about salmon(lox) or fruit cup of berries or a steak, who says it has to be breakfast food? I juice for breakfast with protien powder added in for protien? How about an omlet made with all kinds of veggies and some cheese?

bleu said...

Thanks, I get so stuck in wanting "breakfast foods" for breakfast. Those are great ideas.

more BEANS please said...

Best of luck this cycle....as you know I have been inspired by your diet.....I suggest frying up half an onion, throw in some canned diced tomatoes (or chopped fresh if you aren't in a rush), pop in some red kidney beans, add some basil and a little feta cheese on top. It's a good break from scrambled eggs!!

Anonymous said...

Hey - how's the lupron going??

bleu said...

J, the Lupron has been ok. I have been dealing better with ignoring the bitchiness and extremely short fuse. I have an awful headache today but I also slept wrong and am battling the cold going around the world right now so I have no idea if it is Lupron related or other related. It is a doozy so hopefully it will not last. Two more days until I drop to 5 units and I am hoping that will ease stuff some.