Wednesday, November 07, 2007

let there be light...

During Halloween week we watched a movie called The Little Vampire. We enjoyed it. In the movie, in the boy's bedroom he has a beautiful blue star shaped wall lamp. It has tiny holes in it and it casts little polka dots of light around the room. I MUST have this light. I thought it was one from Ikea and went there only to find our local Ikea no longer carries it and won't be ordering it even though all others do. So the next day I drove 90 miles to the next closest Ikea to get it. They had it, but it was nothing even close to the one from the movie. It does not cast dots and just plain sucks.

I have posted on IMDB, I have even posted on the set designers page on IMDB. I am going nuts. I pride myself on being able to find things, a super sleuth in my own mind. I cannot find this. I cannot even find a picture of it for reference here for others to see. I want this light.

I have probable spent close to 4 hours online dedicated to just searching for this lamp. I am reminded of my obsessive tendencies as I scour the net for a picture or some item even closely resembling this light. Have I mentioned I want this light?

I WANT THIS LIGHT!!!

6 om's.:

Unknown said...

Good luck finding that light!

lady in waiting said...

So how much do you really want this light? :) Just kidding - but I can't believe you drove 90 miles for it and it's still not the right one. Honestly, this is a healthy and happy obsession. Spend as much time as you need searching for it!

Anonymous said...

Does it have to be star shaped? How about egg shaped?

http://uncommongoods.com/item/item.jsp?source=number&itemId=14102

bleu said...

Thanks AmyJay I actually looked at that site, they have cool stuff!
The one I am looking for is flat against the wall and like 36-48 inches wide/tall.

I appreciate your link though.

Kim said...

I have a friend who has that lamp! But she's had it for a long time, and I don't know if it'd still be available. I'll see if I can find out for you.

bleu said...

omg any info would be so very appreciated. The maker of it, where it was bought, anything.

Thanks so much.