Saturday, January 27, 2007

the good, the bad, the scary...

So the good news is obvious, I am in fact pregnant and as stated below it is only one, and I saw it's heartbeat. It is also good news that I have another ultrasound on the 8th which is less than 2 weeks away. It is good because I am neurotic.

The bad news isn't really all that bad as much as it is irritating. The sort of bad is that the doc said I was measuring behind my dates. This is an Artificial Insemination pregnancy folks, my dates can't really be off. The doc knows this. I also use frozen sperm so the likelihood of it living for a week before conception is null. To top it all off I tested positive on a digital pregnancy test at 11 dpo so I KNOW that wasn't a possibility. The doc said she is not concerned with the 6 days off and said the ultrasound had a +-7 day accuracy anyhow, but it had to be one little thing to niggle my brain and leave me obsessing as usual. It is also the reason the good news of the second ultrasound is such really good news.

Now for the scary. I got pregnant my second month on Clomid. Since going on Clomid up to now I have gained..... wait for it..... 25 pounds. Since getting pregnant I have gained almost 15. In 8 weeks people. I worked so hard to lose that 70 pounds and I knew I would be gaining much back, but this much, this early on, no, this I was NOT prepared for. So I say to my doc, who I do like a lot, how shocked and alarmed I am to see this much weight gain so fast. She responded by saying "So have you been doing some stress eating while worrying about this pregnancy?" Ya think? I laughed and nodded and she laughed and that was it. I knew I liked her. But seriously folks, I need to really slow this stuff down because this is not OK. I gained 65 pounds when I had Bliss, and it took 4 years to get it off. I really hope to not gain that much with this one, but to do so, I have got to stop eating.

3 om's.:

Mikki said...

Cut yourself a whole lot of slack here! I know that weight gain is linked to all kinds of emotional and physical things...most of which are not good. But if you need to find some comfort in food, do it. You need comfort. You need to be able to relax enough to get through these first couple of months. There is all the time in the world to worry about weight gain and to lose what you gain back. Right now, focus on growing your baby and to hell with the scales.

Evillage said...

Your doc sounds a lot like our nurse practitioner. Pracitical and attentive!

We like your blog and have added it to ours! Hope you don't mind!

bleu said...

Thanks Erin, that's awesome!!

Kelly I knw, it just threw me for a loop is all. ;)