Friday, February 23, 2007

in other news...

I have been having back problems very recently. I have the start of osteoarthritis, according to a ct scan I had late last year, but that is just usual stiffness upon waking and whatnot. Recently I have been waking up in a lot of pain, even when I go to bed feeling fine. Then yesterday I ran some errands and when I got home and went to get out of my truck, I could not stand up straight. I was in excruciating pain the rest the day and walking at 90 degrees. It was not sciatica as I know that one well. It was above it but still lower back. I was able to straighten more today but I am leaning over to the right.

After Bliss was born I had major problems with my feet. I have really high arches and they began to fall/break. I had to have orthotics made and I was barely able to walk for a time. The orthotics didn't do much, in my opinion. I bought new Birkenstock sandals and shoes and within 3 days I was a new woman. I am a show whore, have always been one, but since then I pretty much just live in my Birk's. I have over 100 pairs of shoes and used to love wearing many of them all the time, but once I had those feet problems I just don't want to take the chance. I also don't go clubbing anymore so it is not like I am really missing them. I kept most my shoes though, some are almost like pets to me. Just looking at them makes me smile and occasionally I pet them. It isn't a feti$h or anything, nothing sexual, I just love them.

I ordered a new bed. One that is way more than I have ever spent before on a bed, but I am desperate. I need to be able to sleep well and wake up without being in pain. I ordered an Isoform bed, which is like a TempurPedic but made here and half the price. The bed comes with a 90 day trial and the sales girl offered to pay the shipping back if I should end up not liking it. I am also contemplating ordering some MBT shoes, which are so expensive I am not sure I can get past the sticker shock, and considering my history with shoes that is saying a lot.I am excited and anxious but mostly I am just hoping that these things will help. I am also doing stretching and trying to take it easy.

I hope to be able to stand up straight soon.

3 om's.:

Lollipop Goldstein said...

Ooooh, I hope you feel better soon. I too collect shoes. Yet wear the same pair of Earth shoes pretty much daily.

Demeter said...

I also have problems with my back, I had a back injury from skiing a while ago, and I bought the Tempurpedic matress, definitely a relief to my back, I also took acupuncture, this helped tremendously. I hope you get better!

Mermaidgrrrl said...

I've worn nothing but my Birkies for the past 8 months and have noticed a definite change in my back. I was so worried that my dodgy back would crap itself as my body changed, but so far so good! I hope you love your new bed :-)