Wednesday, February 28, 2007

update...

I saw my OBGYN today. I also have the results from the Endo's tests. I am pleased to know that my ANA came back negative as did my Natural Killer Cells test. My Antiphospholipid test came back all fine except for my Phos. Serine IgM, that came back positive at 36. I spoke to the docs and researched myself and am pretty OK with what I found. I am on Aspirin therapy now and that is what is recommended for it. They do not think it is high enough to require Heparin. I did find some studies suggesting that it can be related to fetal growth inhibition which is interesting since my baby stopped growing but there is no way to know for sure.

My doctor said my cervix was great and all looked fine for getting back to TTC as soon as my first period comes. We both think I should get mine in approximately 2 weeks, so that would put insemination's beginning around a month from now. THAT would mean a possible x-mas baby if I was fortunate enough to get lucky the first try out, but I really cannot even dwell on my feelings about that. I am working on letting the universe show me what is meant to be and accepting it as best and as gracefully as I can.

My doctor also made sure I had my Rx's in for the Clomid/Estrogen/Progesterone trifecta again. I have asked that if and when I do become pregnant again I be allowed weekly progesterone testing so that I can perhaps be on a smaller dose of it in order to avoid the excessive symptoms I was having.

I am pretty OK with all this. I am still having some trouble getting in touch with my anger stage but it is a work in progress.

4 om's.:

Unknown said...

It sounds like you're making some good progress. Hang in there!

Mermaidgrrrl said...

I think the progesterone testing is an excellent idea. I think the doctors seem to want to throw everything at you just cause it's an assisted conception, when maybe the whole trifecta isn't really neccesary? I know that I had one cycle on the progesterone and it was too much for my body and I refused it the next time around.

The anger thing is difficult. Women are so trained to not do the anger thing! Got a big boxing bag you can access to kick the crap out of?

Lollipop Goldstein said...

I'm glad that those two tests came back well. Came back negative. Negative sounds like a bad thing. But you know what I mean.

You are a work in progress. You are entitled to not take it gracefully from time to time too. Be kind to yourself, Bleu.

bleu said...

Thanks Sara, and Mermaidgrrl yes too much progesterone, while it won't hurt the baby, makes ya feel just icky, THAT is for sure.

Melissa, thanks so much, for ALL your support, it just means so much to me in so many ways.