Wednesday, December 03, 2008

20 week scan...

All went well. They want me back in 4 weeks but everything looked fine. The tech was jaded and a bit of a pain in the ass, the doc was super sweet.

The picture I got was crap, a frontal skeletal looking picture because of how the baby was laying. I am not going to bother even scanning it as it is total blurry crap.

The kidney's looked good as with stomach and bladder. The spine was good, and the brain stem too. The arm and leg bones measured good and long.

They got a look at the heart and said it looked great but still they said it was a little early and a little hard with my belly fat to get views clear enough to officially call. but then she did get one look he said was fantastic.

They could not get facial views good, hence crap pictures, so they want to do the facial checking (cleft palate etc. in 4 weeks).

The nuchal fold was 3mm or less and he said anything under 6mm was great.

In some ways I feel like I can finally say I am really pregnant, even to myself. In other ways I know that until I feel the baby move all the time I will still struggle.

I had about 3 hours sleep last night with worry and I am completely exhausted. I was able, however, to get up in the middle of the night and use my lovely gifted doppler (thanks again Rose!!) and ease my mind.

My placenta is large and anterior so that will further delay regular kicks but after today I am definitely breathing much easier.

Now for a nap.

24 om's.:

Fat Chick said...

Wow, great news on all fronts! Glad to hear it. I can understand how you feel re: finally feeling like you are pregnant. After all you have been through, it is natural to be worried. I'm just in the trying phase, and I already feel like I won't believe I'm pregnant until the second trimester. Too scary.

Mermaid said...

Yay! I know you're relieved.

annacyclopedia said...

Glad all is looking good, and hoping it brings you a lot of peace. Happy napping, you sweet woman!

S. said...

awesome news!!! congrats!

Anonymous said...

Great to hear that news. Even jaded scanners can't take away the joy in hearing all is looking good. Shame no decent pics though. Better luck in 4 weeks. (I'm jealous that you get an extra peek!)

battynurse said...

So glad it went ok. Hugs to you.

Anonymous said...

SO SO glad you had a good scan. bummed about the lack of a photo- but in a few weeks I bet you get some great ones.

now...EXHALE!!

MrsSpock said...

That's fantastic! One more hurdle accomplished. Keep breathing- just 20 weeks more!

Jess said...

I'm so happy for you! Rest assured tonight Bleu! Congrats!!

Deb said...

Glad it went well!

JJ said...

Fantastic news--glad the little one is looking great! Get some rest=)

mulberry said...

yay! great to hear :)

Cece said...

*taking a deep breath now*

Hurrah hurrah hurrah!

Billy said...

So happy to hear!!
Hope baby starts moving all the time soon, so you can have that 'yes I am pregnant' feeling all the time :-).

Melody said...

All good news. I'm so glad.

LJ said...

So wonderful! Congrats.

Pepper said...

YAY! Very happy news! Congrats. :-)

Jen said...

All good news! I am thrilled for you!

Anonymous said...

fab news!! so pleased.xxxx

Unknown said...

yay!! I'm glad you have good news to share. Enjoy your nap with your healthy growing baby!

Anonymous said...

congratulations! so happy for your healthy news.

sending luck for the remaining 20'sh weeks

nancy said...

Woohoo!! Congrats on the fabulous u/s.

Are you not finding out gender?

Anonymous said...

Wonderful news darling. I'm so happy for you. Get some rest. We're thinking of you. oxox

dana said...

Great news! I am so glad your 20 week us went so well!! Now on with the rest!!!!!