Friday, December 05, 2008

what's new with you...

I had an OB appointment yesterday. I was hoping she would do an u/s so maybe I could get an actual picture that didn't suck but she told me her u/s was way less than the one I had had the day before and it was just because of positioning behind placenta and the thickest part of my belly fat that the picture was so bad.

So, rats!!!

Good news I have lost another pound so far this pregnancy. I don't care about losing, it is that I am not gaining, which my doc says means the baby is "converting" which is optimal for me considering my starting weight this pregnancy. It is also good news for me because I gained 65 pounds with Bliss and started this pregnancy weighing more than the day I gave birth to Bliss, so being in a place of converting rather than gaining is really positive for me.

I still throw up a couple times a week but usually I don't lose my whole meal so that is good. I also still have this cold I got in Canada but it seems to finally be getting better. The coughing has added to the throwing up though, that and the excess mucus which chokes me at times. YUCK!!

As for eating I am still in the weird place where one minute I like one thing and the next can't stand it. Breakfast still continues to be the hardest meal to figure out. This morning I made fresh steamed veggies squirted with fresh lemon juice, nice rice pilaf, and broiled salmon for breakfast. It was delicious but come on, that is NOT breakfast food people.

I wish I could chug milk and eat eggs even one meal a day like I did when preggers with Bliss but that is not to be it seems. I can do an occasional decaf latte drink which IS milk but not real great for me.

OHHH and we got a new car, well a new used but it was INSANE. I have a big ol Ford F150 extended cab long bed truck. It does not have enough room even with the back seat as it cannot fit a rear facing child seat on it and I knew we would have to get something before going to Canada. Well I have been looking to do a trade in and then keep costs down. In Canada I rented a Chevy Uplander van and was surprised how much I enjoyed it but when I looked on CL at home I say they were really expensive, even used. OK whatever, on to the next thing. Well roomie and I were talking and she suggested we rent one of the other vehicles we were thinking about and make a trip down to the Monterey. Bay. Aquarium. in it to see how we like the feel. I had promised Bliss we would go there before we moved (it is about 3 hours south of us). I went online to a few rental places and ended up looking at their vehicles to buy as well and suddenly there was an Uplander, a 2008 one, for like 5 grand under blue book and 6 grand less than on CL for a 6 year older one and with only 32,000 miles on it. We were stunned and called and drove over and they took my trade in for a good price and we have a new car. It still shocks me every time I walk outside. But this is what we will be driving to Canada when we move and it is really cool. I will try and remember to post a pic if anyone is interested but maybe not as pictures of a car can be kinda boring maybe.

(wanted to add here, I know it is probably strange to many I drove a big gas guzzler truck, but I have always had trucks and I got it for such an amazing price years ago after my lovely Toyota wagon lost all a/c and other things during summer. Anyhow I have one bumper sticker on my truck, or had I guess, that read "Tree Hugging Dirt Worshipper" and I did not drive a ton but anyhow the last thing about the new van, it is a flex fuel van and can take ethanol, so even cooler. I just need to get another one of my bumper stickers for it now.)

Anyhow I will be finishing writing about my trip in the next day or two, Sunday we are going down to the aquarium just for the night, and all is pretty ok right now.

13 om's.:

Peeveme said...

Poor Blue. I can't believe you are still throwing up. I'm glad is getting a little better. I gotta say. it is rather unexpected that you would drive a big truck. I'm happy you found a great deal on a car you like. Vans are great.

Billy said...

Congratulations on your new car!

Hope you have a nice trip to the aquarium.

Mermaid said...

I never would have pegged you as driving a truck! Go figure. Congrats on scoring the deal on the car you wanted. Don't forget to add that excellent bumper sticker.

Salmon for breakfast? Goodness. I hope you get to feeling better soon. Getting protein for breakfast is my hardest food-task, too. It all makes me shutter...but not as much as salmon!

MrsSpock said...

The new van sounds nifty- flex fuel even. Sorry about the pukeyness. I hope it ends soon...

R said...

Hey!! I have missed hearing from you. Seems like things are going better, aside from the pukeyness! YUCK!! I hope you get better and stop that crap!! Just wanted to send you some positive energy and some hugs to let you know I was thinking of you!

LJ said...

Hey, how do you feel about having kids being born about 5 weeks apart?

Pepper said...

Sorry about the lack of a good ultrasound picture and the continued pukey yuckiness. Feeling nauseous must wear on person, even though the cause is the best possible one.

Congrats on the new car! It's good to have something like that out of the way before a big move.

Catherine said...

Ugh, I hope you feel better soon. Congrats on the new vechile. It is such a piece of mind to have a new one when you have little ones. That's how I felt when we got our new car this summer. I didn't have to worry about a breakdown with Robbie in it.

K said...

Yay for the great OB appointment, weight conversion and the new car. Have fun at the aquarium - I love Monterey!

Anonymous said...

it's amazing you have the money for new car and trip given the cost of IVF and your work at home situation. i need to learn how to do this!

bleu said...

Since you wrote anonymously I cannot reply directly. The ONLY reason I was able to have IVF was because I got fantastic insurance coverage for it and amazing donations of stim meds. If you read my blog you would know that. As for the new used car I traded a very nice very large very loaded truck in and spent way way less than I would have for a used car 5 years older with 90 thousand more miles. THAT is why I wrote that I was so amazed and stunned and excited about it.

Sam said...

Just checking in to say, "hi" to you. I hope you are feeling well.

tobacco brunette said...

I wouldn't have pictured you in a Ford truck. You seem more Subaru Hatchbacky or Volvo Wagonish. What do you think I am (why do I think I'll be sorry I asked that)?

Congrats on the Uplander - I'm going to go look it up.

When you drive to Canada, what route are you taking (hint, hint)?