Tuesday, December 09, 2008

the trip part three...

So we woke up early and went to the Ferry. The hotel we stayed at had advertised a cooked to order breakfast which had been a main reason I stayed there. I was over the continental breakfast thing and looking forward to a real breakfast. I called down and was told to just pick up the vouchers at the front desk. I took down a suitcase to the rental and picked up the vouchers at the desk. I went to the restaurant to order our meals and found that the "cooked to order" breakfast was a choice of either 2 eggs and toast or a yogurt and one egg. I asked if I could substitute as I cannot eat eggs this pregnancy at all. I was told no I could not. So the "cooked to order" breakfast was total bullshit. I took the vouchers back to the front desk, informed them they need to stop advertising falsely and went back upstairs to collect the rest of our stuff and Bliss.

We drove to the Ferry and all was well and we waited in line to board the Ferry going from Saint John, New Brunswick to Digby, Nova Scotia. We boarded the ferry and parked and walked the two flights of stairs up to the main part of the ship (so fun for me). We went to the cafeteria to get some breakfast and I instantly realized I had left my wallet in the car 2 flights down. I walked back down and back up and we had a nice breakfast.

Then we went to go see the kids stuff they had aboard, only to find out all the stuff was only for the summer season and all of it was closed. We walked outside and watched the water, all the while me getting queasy and then went upstairs to the lounge where they had said over the loud speakers there were computers for use of passengers.

We went to use the computers but the Internet connections seemed to be down, the entire three hour boat ride. Yay again!! Poor Bliss, but he was in great spirits. I began feeling more and more seasick and had to lay down on a side couch while Bliss played with the movie feature on my camera. He did great while I rested and quietly moaned. There is one movie he made with him all chipper and me looking green as hell but it is too awful to post.

The Ferry trip ended and we drove to meet the Nova Scotia Realtor we were scheduled with. I loved the geography I saw a lot. Beautiful farming communities with patchwork hills. It was much more along the lines of what I had been looking for. We went to the first house,and although old it seemed better, until we went upstairs and saw the caved in roof with mold and moss growing down the bedroom walls. Fun stuff.

We went to the next place and it was way up the mountain and right on the road and in poor shape as well. It was getting late and Bliss was needing a bathroom every 20 minutes but we managed to see one more place that was completely unsuitable. I had found an area I loved, the Annapolis Valley, but no houses available where we wanted one.

It was just dark when we finished in that area and we had to drive back to Moncton to the next hotel we had reservations at that night. It was a 4 hour drive through so much of Nova Scotia I could not see at all because it was night.

Bliss was great as usual but I was tired of driving and frustrated. We got to the hotel by 10pm and tried to get to sleep right away.

The next day we got up a little bit later, like 7:30-8am and headed out to Prince Edward Island.

9 om's.:

MrsSpock said...

A couple Canadian friends looked in NS for homes when one was offered a job there- and couldn't find anything either. They described seeing lots of really run-down crappy houses. They ended up declining the job.

I couldn't eat eggs when pregnant either- they were revolting to me.

Sam said...

I've been able to eat a few times, but not much. Chicken wanted to feed egg shells to his chickens and just the thought of it makes me want to hurl. It is supposed to be great for them but EW. Almost 8 months and I still feel like puking at least once a day. Silly body.

Anonymous said...

swoon...Prince Edward Island!! PLEASE tell me you have photos!

Stacey said...

I love PEI, Nova Scotia and New Brunswick. It sounds like you're seeing a lot of really run-down houses. I'm sure there are better houses than that, no? But maybe more in the city like Halifax rather than out in the country?

Peeveme said...

Oh Sweetie, It sounds exhausting and frustrating. But I'm sure it's nice to spend so much time together.

tobacco brunette said...

Gawd...this trip is pissing ME off and I'm experiencing it from my couch.

Ugh.

Billy said...

How frustrating :-(.

Cajun Cutie said...

Prince edward island always reminds me of Anne of Green Gables. When I was a little girl reading those books I always wanted to go there. On a side note, Did you ever read the book "birth House"?

bleu said...

I am in the middle of reading Birth House right now actually. LOVING it.