Saturday, December 13, 2008

the trip part five....

Saturday was our last day of driving around, the next day we were flying home at dawn.

We got off to an ok start but Bliss had to make a lot of potty stops, like one every 20 minutes. It was also the first day of regular raining, which I loved. Maybe the rain made him need to pee, who knows.

We were running about 15 minutes late and I was stressed because I try not to be late. We finally got to the Realtors office who were were meeting that day only to find the office closed. I called her and left a message, parked and waited. About 15 minutes later I got a call back, her car had broken down and she was getting another car to borrow, but she was about an hour away.

???

So we got the addresses since it was also the first day I had forgotten my own paperwork. Up to then each Realtor would hand me printouts of properties I already had previously printed out for myself. So we got the addresses and I said we would grab a bite and meet her at the first one.

We ended up just driving to the first one as Bliss wasn't hungry yet and I was fin. We got there and it was the closest to a road we had seen yet. You could literally touch the front door with one hand and the main road with another, at the same time. So I knew it was a no go so I went to call the Realtor and tell her we should just meet up at the second one instead, except I found out there was no cell service.

So I began driving to the second and when I saw a market I stopped to call. After 3 attempts and a lot of lost coins at the obviously broken pay phone the clerk allowed me to make the local call on his phone. I let her know and grabbed some snacks and we drove to the other house.

This house was in nice shape, but was a smokers house, it was shocking to me (a former smoker years back) how strong it was. Bliss was actually coughing. The Realtor didn't notice but she was a smoker herself. The house was in nice shape but it was not in a location that would ultimately work for us. We chatted more about what we were seeking and she said she would keep her eyes open for something that might work we could view when we came back. We made our goodbyes and were on our way back to the hotel.

We stopped at Sharon's home to return the GPS and have a nice visit where she even lent me her baby sounds monitor so I could try to hear a heartbeat. I was suddenly paranoid again and had VERY FOOLISHLY not brought the ultrasound monitor I had just gotten. I didn't hear anything on hers but it was not an actual u/s so I was not completely freaked out. It was sooooo sweet of her though to let me try.

We said goodbye to her adorable daughter and her lovely parents and her and went back to the hotel. I just had packing to do and dinner and then up at 4am to go to the airport to go home.

I wish I could say this was the end of the story but the next day proved almost too much for me...

5 om's.:

Catherine said...

Wow, sounds like you had a rough time finding the right place. I hope you ultimately find the one you want.

Anonymous said...

i get tired just reading about your trip. it must have been such a trek for you all.

please let there be a happy ending!

Angela said...

Did you get the flight attendant's name? That is completely unacceptable and you should write a scathing letter to the airline.

Pepper said...

Sounds like the GPS truly was a life-saver! It's amazing how much smoke lingers, even after being around a smoker for a fraction of a second.

MrsSpock said...

I hope any future trips go way better than this...