Monday, January 19, 2009

show and tell for neenie...


my altar, originally uploaded by MamaBleu.

Neenie asked about my altar so I thought I would share. I will be packing it in a few days so it is also nice to have a picture before that. It is currently on top of one of my dressers, I would love it somewhere else, where it was sitting/meditating height but there was no room here and when Bliss was a baby down low was not an option.


If you click it you will see a highly notated version explaining what is on it at Flicker. It is my first notated picture so bear with me.


Click here to see more of Show and Tell that Mel puts together each week.

13 om's.:

N7 said...

Oh Bleu I love it I love it!!! Thank you so much for sharing! My fave is the Princess Bleu tiara of course! :) What an awesome way to collect and display everything you find peace, hope and joy in!

But wtf is up with all that dust? Man....


lolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll (I'm kidding....it sort of looks....EXACTLY like my dresser!)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing this! It is beautiful.

Baby Smiling In Back Seat said...

You have a very special RE to give you a pin AND a tiara. I'm shocked when my RE gets my name right.

I love how you've combined the personal and the spiritual in your altar... but I suppose they're not as separate as most people think, right?

FattyPants said...

Beautiful picture Thank you for sharing.

Coffeegrljapan said...

This is amazing. I love how totally personal it is and that it reflects you and in so many ways. I want one for myself! Lovely.

Anonymous said...

wow, thanks for sharing! your RE gave you a tiara?! im impressed.

..al said...

My first visit to your blog....

Beautiful collection that! Is that a neckpiece that is on the wall? It looks gorgeous....an eclectic collection!

The palm prints are of Om?

annacyclopedia said...

Bleu, this is beautiful! Thanks for sharing it with us and for all the work to notate the photo - so much detail! It's also reminding me to set up my own altar again - I haven't put it up in the new house yet!

rocket.queen. said...

Beautiful and so meaningful. I admit, I am a touch jealous. Our lives have been so nomadic in recent years leading up to our big move to China next month that we never realy got our Taoist altar set up... Gah, the guilt that hits when I 'say' it out loud.

Now I am compelled to go buy incense and dig out our kwan yin statue. AHHH

MrsSpock said...

I have an altar as well- a small cauldron, small Buddha, Maiden/Mother/Crone statue, some salt and water, some seeds from the woods representing our family, and candles...

Nifty altar!

MSEH said...

Just trying to catch up; it's been a while. So, where in NS are you headed?

One good thing about NS (as compared to NB) is that it appears that, as someone coming from outside of Canada, you are eligible for their medical insurance from day one. NB has a three month waiting period. Good luck with the move and keep us posted.

Eden Riley said...

Hello lovely.

You sooooo must be moving soon-ish, I have a few things to post to you so when you know your new addy can you email me?

I love your altar, love the peesticks on it! Really hope you are feeling ok, and not overwhelmed by the big move. XOXOXOX

Fat Chick said...

Love it love it love it! I really do need to make an altar. It feels so warm and homey. Thanks for sharing yours!