Sunday, January 11, 2009

stuff...

So I never got around to posting any x-mas morning pics because until yesterday I had not unloaded the pictures off my camera. Been busy ya know. So here is a perfect one to showcase the theme of the year.


(not the light saber in the foreground, it makes sounds)

Today I hit double digits and have 99 days until due date. It sneaks up on you, that is for sure.

I also am still packing stuff but feel much better that we have packers. I am mostly just trying to pack stuff I don't want them packing like my alter and whatnot's.

I had to thaw and dehydrate my placenta today. Yes I am sure many of you think it is strange but I cannot take a fresh or frozen one across so dehydrating is the only choice. It does not smell bad at all and I am one of those crazy mama's who thinks it is awesome to take a bite after delivery or use it for PPD afterward (I was not able because of the hospital but I did get it before leaving the hospital). So even though I am that way and the smell is not bad, even according to the rest in the house, it has been making me gag which is annoying.

Besides that I have slowed on the vomiting which is good. I am hoping I am just getting used to things and it will zero out in the next week or so, it takes a lot out of me.

So today is try to sell the second car and hot tub day and not much fun but I am fielding lots of emails and trying to stay on it.

That's all for now I guess.

12 om's.:

MrsSpock said...

Ah bleu, you're fabulous, but...the thought of taking a bite of placenta makes me want to ralph...

rocket.queen. said...

I still have ours frozen in the freezer. Was planning on planting a tree over it, but then life got in the way. I wish I had found someone to freeze dry and encapsulate it for me.

Anonymous said...

eating placenta makes me feel a little sick too but i love it that you have kept it.

i hope the vomiting settles down. it is just awful.

i don't know how you are moving countries and being pregnant at the same time, you are amazing.

and congrats on 99 days. so happy for you and that little being in your belly.

Anonymous said...

I considered eating TTG's but ended up doing lotus, and cutting a piece off while it was still attached to him just felt really wrong. It's in the freezer now. TBB's is in a plant pot.

Pepper said...

One can eat placenta? I've honestly never heard that before and it makes me curious. Are there particular health benefits from it or something?

Looks like your family had a lovely Christmas! Hope the morning sickness eases up soon. It's really interesting that the Dex is the only thing that helped. I never knew it could have that side effect. Kinda cool.

Pepper said...

One can eat placenta? I've honestly never heard that before and it makes me curious. Are there particular health benefits from it or something?

Looks like your family had a lovely Christmas! Hope the morning sickness eases up soon. It's really interesting that the Dex is the only thing that helped. I never knew it could have that side effect. Kinda cool.

bleu said...

After birth placenta can stop bleeding, later on it can help with PPD and general health. It is usually taken in capsule form then.

My midwives had even had women simply bite down on it and not actually eat it to help with bleeding after giving birth.


Dex would help because it is a steroid, with severe morning sickness (hyperemesis gravidarum) they will use a steroid pack when other meds do not work so it makes sense but is not well known.

I am getting so excited for you!!

Billy said...

Didn'r=t know there was an option to keep the placents.
Was planning on giving a camera to whoever will acompany me to the delivery and instructing them to take a pic of it so to have it (the placenta) for ever.
Now have to think if indeed I would want to take it (I think so), and how exactly is it done.

BTW - what is PPD? I tried googling it, but the only medical ppd I found was some kind of skin test.


<100 ppd

N7 said...

Love the pic!!!!! Bliss is such a sweet little mush :)
99 days to go????? 99????? BLEU WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF THIS BABY IS COMING!!! COMING!!!!! btw: I LOVE LOVE LOVE the sonogram pic your posted and would like to send a big FU to the snotty staff on your behalf...
Anyways- Glad you got the packers to help. YOU ARE WITH CHILD MISSY and you shouldnt be busting your ass doing anyting. I do have to be nosy though and ask what kind of alter you have?

xoxoxoxo always- sorry my commenting has been slooooooow but my eyes have totally been here!!!

Fat Chick said...

You know, I've seen animals eating placenta and always wondered... and now I know. :-)

And might I say that I'm a little jealous of Bliss's gifts?

One Boys Mom said...

HI Blue,

I've been reading for over a year now. My son is always asking why I read your blog..."because it's interesting- duh!" Congrats on the pregnancy and impending move.

I'm not sure about blogger etiquette, but I just have a few questions because reading your blog has me wondering about a couple of things:

What do you do career/ job wise? Curious and kind of jealous that you can just pick up and move to another country :)
Is your roomie your "partner"? Sometimes it seems like yes...sometimes no. Isn't she moving with you guys?

Hummm guess that's it for burning questions.

Mist

bleu said...

Thanks for de-lurking. I think being "interesting" is probably the best compliment I could think of so thanks!!

I work online mostly although at times things have been thin but roomie and I pool all our monies over the years and make do.

As for roomie it is hard, she is not my partner and never has been anything romantic to me or me to her. We adopted each other long ago and will always live together. I struggle with a better term though. I called her my cousin for a time. Sister would not be correct as she is not like a sis but like a cousin I think. Bliss calls her his aunt which also fits.

We really hope to start a business in Canada.

My background is education, I have a masters in it and can work there online in that field if I choose but we would like to do something that helps the community we end up it. We shall see.

As for cost to move believe me we are doing it at bare minimum costs. Reallllly trying to do everything on the cheap because we are not rich by any stretch of the imagination. Housing is very cheap in the Maritimes which is one reason we choose them of many.

Anyhow always happy to answer questions.