Thursday, January 29, 2009

headache...

So have I mentioned I have been waking up in the middle of the night for over a week terrified about our stuff not fitting in the moving truck.

Well our packers assured me it all would.

Until today.

Yes we were supposed to leave today and they arrived and then said they didn't think it would all fit. So after a lot of crying and freaking out I had to order another truck to come and pay for 5 extra feet in that truck so we can fit our stuff.

At a cost of $1300 extra.

Yay!

And then we find out they cannot seem to deliver the new truck until late today so now we are pushed back another night. We do have my bed and computer, no other beds and they packed the air mattress even though I asked them not to so roomie is on the floor in a sleeping bag tonight. We have no fridge either but do have TV so it is not the end of the world but still SUCKS!!!!

So tomorrow we leave, and I so need a drink, but will settle on iced tea with lemon.

8 om's.:

holly said...

I really hope the move goes well tomorrow. It is always so stressful. I've had a good experience with movers, either.

I'll be hoping for safe travels for you.

Holly

MSEH said...

I know exactly what you mean. We ended up leaving the vacuum, a ladder, a tv, and a few other odds and ends from the garage that just wouldn't fit. By the time we figured that out, the truck was packed. But, I wouldn't have switched - since I was driving myself - t a bigger truck anyway. Again, safe travels!

MrsSpock said...

Ack! I would probably be having some serious panic attacks myself. We just spent $1300 on a new water heater on Saturday- so I feel your pain.

George said...

Wow. Aren't those last-minute, thousand dollar surpises fun?

At least you're on your way...and soon you'll be settled into your new home.

Carey said...

Have a safe move!!! (sorry about the truck stuff! Ugh - how annoying!)

annacyclopedia said...

Oh, Bleu! Just keep breathing - one day this will be a funny story you tell at potlucks.

Love to you, my friend.

Peeveme said...

OH man, That just sicks. And to pull $1300 out of the air like that.

While living in limbo can be stressful it could also be fun. Think of it like going camping..but without the bugs and with a TV!

Catherine said...

Hopefully, you are on the road now. Safe travels!