Friday, January 23, 2009

neverending packing...

I am in packing hell. Half the house is in the semi out front but there is still so very much to do. I have been ranting on Twit and FB at how awful it is but today I am relatively ok. I pushed back leaving day to Tues. or Wed. and told myself to not push it.

I own too much stuff, that is one of the main problems. Some of it I understand. Baby stuff and toys I and Bliss always took good care of make sense to keep but my need to keep 200 pairs of shoes when I only wear like 3 different in any given season is ridiculous but I can't seem to let go.

I have been trying to cull and cull out so much. I have given away much, sold a few big things and tried to keep letting stuff go. It is hard when neighbors keep stopping by to ask if I am taking this or that and oh can they have that, that and that for free? None of the ones who ask have ever offered to help in any way and it is hitting my hormonal self at times pretty wickedly.

I also am aware of Bliss AND the dogs showing signs of how hard this transition will be. They are all doing great but it shows and I worry. Especially adding a new baby so soon and being in snow. We will all do fine but I try and take time out to rest for the pregnancy and take time to really focus on Bliss to make sure he is ok. All that makes packing slow and unfortunately most stuff only I can pack since I am the one who knows what to keep or get rid of.

UGH

The good news is that baby is getting more and more active, or I am feeling it more and more. Also today was my last OB appointment here and may I just say I passed the 3 hour glucose test last week WITH FLYING COLORS!!! I swear I was borderline last time from the Metformin I was just going off of, it truly messed with my system. this time I was way way below borders and doc was happy and surprised.

I did find out my weight for the first time today but cannot discuss that yet. I lost since last time so overall I am up 1 pound from the very start which is good but I had no idea what I had started at so it was pretty hard. It is nothing I can work on now so I just have to force myself not to focus on it but let's just say there were lots of tears at the docs.

Off to take a bath and read my current book and then tomorrow ...more packing.

9 om's.:

Anonymous said...

I was thinking you must be in packing hell this week...

Moving is so hard.

Sending a hug to you.

battynurse said...

Ugg on packing!!! Sorry it's going so slow. I'm also sorry I missed your call today. I was on my way to SF and didn't hear the phone and then was on the go all day. So happy that you passed your 3 hour GTT. Yay!!!!! Hang in there. Hugs to you.

Billy said...

Sorry about the packing hell, and I hope the move won't be too hard on Bliss and the dogs, and especially not on you! (but I do understand it won't be easy)

Yay for passing the glucose test!!!

MrsSpock said...

I think I'd rather eat a giant hissing cockroach than ever move again. I plan on moving only one more time before I die- I hate it so much.

Hooray for passing the GTT! That is yet another thing I'd rather eat a roach than do!

Jess said...

First of all, packing SUCKS. I'm amazed you are able to deal with it at all, let alone while pregnant, and also let alone while having Bliss there too.

Second, yay and congrats on passing the glucose tolerance test!! Great news!! Don't torture yourself about the weight..it is what it is and you will be just fine.

It's nice to hear that you feel the baby moving so much. Good luck in the weeks ahead!!

nancy said...

Oy vey - moving hell IS hell. But you will be so happy when it is all over!

And take this time to declutter. I am so moving towards being minimalistic, everytime I have a big life changing thing happen (ie: have a new baby, move, etc) I get rid of so much "stuff". You are right, it's hard to let go, but it's SO nice to be rid of it all. Now all I need to do is get my mother in law to understand I don't want "stuff". She is the knick knack gift queen.

K said...

Ugh. I hate, hate, HATE moving!! Yes, it's a good excuse to get rid of extra stuff, but it's sooo much work. I can't even imagine doing it pregnant. You are a trooper.

Congrats on passing the 3-hour. That is fantastic!

Hope you all have a safe trip - can't wait to get a report from the other side!

annacyclopedia said...

Oh, I understand, sweetie! It is so hard to let go, and yet such a colossal pain in the ass to not let go - what to do? I hope it goes easier from here on out and that the transition goes smoothly for all of you.

You're in my thoughts often, honey.

Peeveme said...

I am thrilled that you passed the test. What a relief.

Sorry about the packing. I have so much crap and I hate myself for it. I have no idea how I would ever be able to move.

I say chuck it. chuck it all if you have not used it in the past year.(unless it's sentimental).