Friday, January 09, 2009

oh yeah, and....

I completely forgot to mention the other thing. The OB last week had told me it is time to stop the Dexamethasone. I was on it for the IVF you might recall but had requested it for 90 days because of my thyroid antibodies. When I went off it I began throwing up and after trying Reglan and Zofran to no help AT ALL they had me go back on and all was well.

So I need to go off it because I am having another glucose tolerance test this month at the usual time for it and the Dex can affect the results, plus my adrenals can get used to the dex which can cause problems later. So I went off it and what do ya know, 48 hours later I started getting queasy and a day after that I began throwing up. The following day I didn't but then yesterday it was 3 times before 10am.

I am still trying to manage it and am back to dinner for breakfast but it is NOT fun and also part of the reason along with others we hired packers.

So hopefully it will not get worse and only better but that is the other tidbit.

To end on a good note though, in the bath the night before last, while I lay reading the latest Isabel Allende book I saw my belly move from the outside. It was a nice moment. It was slight, but it moved.

10 om's.:

mulberry said...

cool about the moving belly AND the latest Allende book. i LOVE her...

sorry you are facing the queasies again... that sucks.

Billy said...

Moving from the outside.. how lovely :-) Hope s/he does that a lot now, just so you caould have that little reminder - you're pregnant!

And hope you'll get better with the queasyness and the throwing up.

Peeveme said...

Sorry you are sick again. I can't imagine how troublesome that is. I
m glad you hired packers.

Seeing movement is just amazing. Amazing. I never got sick of it.

Fat Chick said...

Wow! You are SOOO pregnant! And wow, you have a lot going on right now. Thank heavens for packers, huh? I swear, I'll never pack again!

Jess said...

Ugh...so sorry about the nausea...it is so horrible I know. I hope it gets better and better for you. Very very exciting about the belly movement! Makes it so real, right?

Cajun Cutie said...

Sorry you are getting queasy again. I love Isabella Allende. Her brother Juan is also a brilliant human being. He was a professor of mine once.

Tobacco Brunette said...

Hope the queasies make an exit soon. Sorry your feeling like crap.

Ahhh...packers. There is no greater luxury, is there?

XO

Eden Riley said...

Hello lovely. I am SO glad you got packers! Woot! I have been thinking about you heaps, lately. So, so thrilled for you that you are actually doing it! You're driving to your new life soon! There is something so powerful, and free about that.

Hope your Bliss goes ok with it all, somehow I'm sure he will be fine. God he is so gorgeous.

MWAH XOXOXOXOXOXO

MrsSpock said...

That's awesome when they start moving enough to see it on the outside!

annacyclopedia said...

Oh Bleu - that sucks about the barfiness. Hope it's already gotten better and my good wishes are nothing but redundant. And yay for seeing your belly move - that's exciting!