Saturday, June 02, 2007

good news in the interim...

I have been pretty quiet. I am in the 2ww and hoping my boobs start swelling and getting sore, playing mindgames with myself and blah blah the usual.

I got a call Wednesday from the lawyers office and we got approved!!!!!!! The Canadian Consulate General has requested our passports and we are getting our landing papers. I am over the moon about this. It has been an over 2 year process so it feels really good to get this finally. It also feels like getting asked to dance at a Jr. High dance. They like me they really like me!!!!!!!!

We aren't moving up there until spring of 2009 because my roomie/friend retires then, but we will have permanent residence status and I will get to raise Bliss in a country that doesn't bully the world and send it's boys and girls to their death to line rich white men's pockets. I will get to raise him where I don't worry about getting shot on the freeway by a pissed of driver. I will get to raise him in the country, on a farm (hopefully) and with a wilderness for a back yard.

I have this running image in my head of him at 10 and me telling him he isn't allowed back inside for a few hours. He will roam around, discover, play, and I won't worry about if gang bangers are down the street.

I will also look forward to one of the top rated educations in the world. I may not want to home school forever.

So I am happy and relieved. It was a nice treat for this 2ww.

4 om's.:

ohchicken said...

congratulations bleu!!

hopefully, we won't be far behind you!!

Jennifer said...

Congratulations! It's a wonderful place to raise a family.

Any idea where you'll be landing in the Great White North?

Anonymous said...

It will be great to have you.

Unknown said...

Congrats Darlin!

That ROCKS!