Saturday, October 25, 2008

lots of plans...

I have been doing a lot better. The dexamethasone has actually made a big difference. I do not want to be on it much longer, however, as it is a class c and I want to be done with the extra pills.
I went two days without throwing up which was fantastic. I threw up this morning but I think it was my fault for having waffle and milk.

A LOT had happened in the past week, a shocking lot of life altering things.

For reasons both financial and otherwise it suddenly became clear to us that the move to Canada should be moved forward. With that new and terrifying info roomie retired this past week. We have been scrambling to come to terms with the new plan, both exciting and scary.

I am flying up to New Brunswick with Bliss on the 10th of next month to look at properties. I have been frantically contacting reactors. I have been trying to secure arrangements with the mover we previously choose.

This changes things a lot and our new goal of moving up there in January also means a winter move, not easy.

Packing an entire house while pregnant, really not fun and interestingly enough done before when 7 months pregnant with Bliss.

I have no interest in doing some things we really need to do. I hate organizing and having garage sales, hate hate hate. I have little interest in packing my garage and most of it's contents are my stuff.

I am really hoping to feel well for the trip and rather nervous.

But at the same time I know it is all very exciting and a great thing. It is interesting how it mirrors the pregnancy. I am so thrilled I am pregnant but cannot quite get the joy up for it quite yet as I am not feeling great. So I tell myself often how awesome it all is and plug along.

21 om's.:

Anonymous said...

wow-- new brunswick! that is quite the move! Are you from there? Do you have family there? I am in canada too-- in Ontario. Never been to NB but my dad does lots of work there... I wish you the best of luck. How exciting!

Jess said...

So, so glad you are feeling better. It really makes such a difference. You'll see that you will be able to actually enjoy the pregnancy once the nausea is gone, which hopefully will be soon.

The idea of a move is exciting! But I'm sure also challening! If anyone can rise to the challenge, you can!

Billy said...

Wow! So soon!!! Moving does sound both exciting and scary, and to do so while pregnant... and in the winter... doesn't sound like a joy to me, but the end result is a positive thing, something to look forward to.
And I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better!

Anonymous said...

I'm just curious, I've read your blog for a while and it doesn't seem like you work, so how is it you can afford IV treatment and a move to Canada? I hope you don't think this is a judgmental question, my husband is Canadian and so are my kids (thank god!) and we've been seriously talking about relocating as well. We also (though we have living children) are still babylost. Anyway it's just something I was wondering.

bleu said...

I an very lucky to have IVF coverage through insurance, very good coverage.

I also work from home doing computer stuff

I am very lucky. NB is also VERY VERY affordable which is also lucky.

Sam said...

I don't envy you. Moving is BLECH while pregnant. I skipped the garage sale and just took car loads over to Goodwill because I'm lazy.

N7 said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! Stop reporting such good news because I get too excited and I don't know what to do with myself!!!!!
(that doesn't mean I want BAD news either missy....that's not allowed here)
I dont even know where you live now- what state are you in?

annacyclopedia said...

Ohmygod I'm so excited! I had to stop myself hyperventilating with joy. Not that you'll be much closer to me than you are now, but we'll be in the same country. YAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!

Moving in January is a bitch no matter how you slice it and doing so while pregnant just makes it tougher. Having just helped my best friend move 2 provinces away, my advice is to be totally ruthless with the amount of stuff you have. And then be ruthless some more. I don't know about you, but I have so much crap sitting around, and moving crap just makes moving so much less fun. When you're staring at the salad spinner that came from the dollar store and that hardly works anyway, wondering which box it might fit into, it becomes a real nightmare. Of course I have no idea what your stuff situation is, so this is the purest assvice, but there you go.

Yay Bleu and Bliss and Baby! And glad you're feeling a bit better. Just stay away from the milk...;)

battynurse said...

Wow, so much so quick. Have a great trip to NB. So glad the nausea/vomiting is better.

Topcat said...

I fucking love moving. Whoopsies, do you swear on your blog?

Seriously, I wish I could help you pack. Hell, I wish I was there to LIVE.

Can you pay someone to pack'n'move for you? You know, because money grows on trees, apparently.

MWAH. So glad you feel a bit better.

XOXOXOX

Catherine said...

Yay, I am glad you are upping your move. Let me know where you are staying when you come next month and where you are looking at houses. Maybe we can get together, if it is not to far away. And I may have infor about the area you choose.

Jen said...

I have enough problems cleaning my house while knocked up. Moving scares the beejezus out of me.

Glad you are starting to feel better...

MrsSpock said...

Moving completely sucks, even when not pregnant. I don't envy having to do all the schlepping, but new digs in Canada sound awesome!

Mermaid said...

Wow, scary but exciting is right! Good luck with the move whilst pregnant! I wish you all the happiness in the world with your move. I'm actually a nut who loves to pack and move.

Anonymous said...

Good luck, I hate moving!

Lollipop Goldstein said...

That is crazy wonderful--when the move is finished perhaps rather than in this pre-move space. But think about how gorgeous spring will be up there.

Navigating The Rapids said...

Winter moves bite, I've done it quite a few times. If you don't mind me asking, why NB, do you have family there?

Topcat said...

Bleu. I need to say thank you ... whatever would I do without your wonderful advice?? I'm going bookhunting tomorrow.

Thank you so, so much.

I have always wanted to visit Canada one day, you know. I've heard it's a beautiful country.

Really hope you are still doing ok, lovely.

XOXOXOOX

Fat Chick said...

Great to hear that you are doing better! Moving stinks, but hey! It will be an adventure. Is NB far from where you are now? I hope you post pictures of the farm!!! I'd love to see it!

dakota said...

Oy! to moving. Wish I could take a week off to help you and Bliss. I am glad you are feeling better and sound happy (although probably a little overwhelmed) about the coming change of physical (and spiritual) scenery.

I have a soft spot for Canada. I was actually conceived there. My mom lived in Quebec during college and considered moving back when she and my father first split. Something about the serenity and cleanliness of things provided the perfect setting for my father to have his case heard so to speak. You guessed it, make-up sex prevailed and along came the birth of future rebel dyke. Although she loves the U.S, she sometimes regrets (for political and quality of life reasons) not having convinced him to join her there instead of returning to the States.

From someone who considers herself made and bottled in Canada :), I trust you, Bliss, and baby will find great contentment there.
xxo

Dagny said...

NB is beautiful, my brother went to Uni at Mt Allison, and so I visited Sacville a few times.

Good luck with your move!!!

xoxo