Thursday, October 02, 2008

11w3d...

So I called to schedule my OBGYN appointment. I have an amazing OBGYN doc as well. Sadly one of our last visits was when we discovered my m/c about 2.5 years ago. It was also after we had seen a heartbeat and Bliss was in the room and saw it all and it was pretty awful.

So she is scheduled to go on vacation next week for the rest of the month and I sort of needed to see her before she gets back so they scheduled me for today. Well they told me she was full up and I politely asked that they say who it was and that I was 1 weeks pregnant and she fit me in. Again because she is awesome.

So I was a little nervous, but only because of memories, not truly for any other reason. She said "let's make a good memory" and I concurred. She did the u/s and I waited without looking and I thought I saw her smile a little but she was heavily concentrating. I asked if she saw a heartbeat and she was like "oh yes it looks good I am just having trouble getting the right view" and we know my uterus has been wonky this pregnancy. So anyhow she says all is good and turns the screen as she gets a good view and starts to take measurements. The u/s machine, while a normal office one, not a level II or anything, was a brand new one they just got and it was SUCH a clearer view from the clinic. And then I see the baby and the difference of just three days blew my mind!!!!!

The baby was dancing, non stop moving, kicking it's hands and legs, pulling it's hand to it's face. It was soooo amazing. It measured, easily, 11w5d which rocks in my book and it was the most wiggly thing. I had Bliss come over to see and he said "yeah I see, now can you fix this game on your phone mama?" Oh well!!!

So we talked and I have decided no first trimester screening, I would never have an amnio or a CVS so it is something she thinks is just not worth it. She does want me to have a 20 week anatomy scan and I said ok so long as the tech can be instructed to purposefully avoid detecting gender, she said who she works with can and has done that. She is also having me do an early Glucose Tolerance test since my weight is so high. That's fine. I am also to take daily bp measurements and keep a log, my bp was a bit elevated today but she said it was also likely due to nerves from being there again.

So all in all a very good visit and an unexpected surprise this early on.

Here is another pic of the lil one.


25 om's.:

mulberry said...

yay!!! such good news :) great to make some new, good memories...

Jen said...

Yay! I am so happy and thrilled for you!

MrsSpock said...

I am so happy for you!!!

Lizzie said...

What an awesome doc! Here's to your good appointment! Yay!

annacyclopedia said...

So wonderful, Bleu. I'm so glad you got to make a beautiful new memory today.

Cece said...

LOVE your doc! Hurrah for awesome appointments!!!

Jess said...

Glad it all went so well today! I'm so thrilled for you and Bliss!

Lisa said...

So glad things are going so well.

Tanya said...

Wow! I've never seen such a clear ultrasound. I'm so happy to hear things are still going well.

R said...

YEAHHHHH!! Love the pic!! IT rocks. So happy for you and that things are going so well friend!

Sam said...

YAY BABY!!! I am so excited for you.

Anonymous said...

i am so very very very excited for you and for that beautiful little squirmy baby!

2009 is going to be an amazing year!

nancy said...

yay! I'm so happy you were able to pull your strings again and get an appointment with your OB before she left.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Looks like that arm is moving during the pic!

K said...

Wow, what a great pic! Congrats on the wonderful appointment and the start of lots of good memory making. :-)

Unknown said...

yay! beautiful baby!

Fat Chick said...

Such wonderful, wonderful news Bleu! I'm so happy for you, Bliss, and your dancing little one!

Dora said...

That's so wonderful!!

tobacco brunette said...

I'm just so damned happy for you guys. It sounds like a wonderful appointment - all very promising. How do you manage to find such kind doctors?

XOXOXOXX

sandra said...

Yay!!!

Billy said...

11w5d - that is so great!!
Happy to hear how baby is doing so fine:-)
I love the idea of not knowing gender - keep a little nice surpeise for birth!

Topcat said...

Well that just totally rocks the whole house down, doesn't it Bleu!!

I love how Bliss just wanted to play games on your phone. So cute.

YES YES YES on no 1st tri screening. If I had my time over, I would choose that also. Having an amnio was one of the worst days of my life.
Not worth it.

Oh, I'm happy for you!! XOX

Waiting Amy said...

I'm late, but ... YEAH!

Baby Smiling In Back Seat said...

Here from Lost and Found...

Congratulations! Best of luck with everything. I know that Bliss will be a great big brother.

N7 said...

omggggggggggggggggggggggg its a girl!!! A GIRL!!!! ok i have no idea but it's the most beautiful picture i have ever seen and its your baby Bleu :)