Saturday, October 04, 2008

need to bitch...

It has been over three and a half months since it has rained here. There may have been a night it sprinkled across town but seriously, three and a half months. Have I mentioned how much I love rain. It is the closest I get to having actual weather and it makes me feel renewed and lovely. I love walking in it, I love driving in it, I love listening to it.

I need rain.

So imagine my excitement when it said we were expecting a day and a half of rain that was to start last night.

Oh yes, we got something, but do not dare call it rain. It spit, and it seemed every time I ran outside to feel said spit it stopped. Overnight, long after I was asleep it may have even gotten up to a sprinkle because this morning the ground looked wet, not fully soaked but wet.

It was supposed to rain all day today. HA! It has not so much as dropped a drop.

I am pissed and feel cheated. And of course tomorrow it is expected to be sunny and in the upper 80's again.

UGH

I need to work on a rain dance or something because I am sorely in need of actual weather. I cannot wait to move, I am so over this never ending heat and dryness.

OK thanks for listening, bitch over.

6 om's.:

nancy said...

I love rain too. The BEST is when it rains for days and you can sleep with hearing it and smelling it.

Billy said...

I, too, love rain :-)
I just love walking in the rain letting my hair get wet (and on the other hand, I hate umbrellas..), love the smell of soil after the first rains; love the idea of it being cold enough to have some soup.

Maybe we can join hands in a big circle for an international rain dance. I did do a moon dance once with my sister and cousin, just because the moon was so pretty, so hey, why not a rain dance?

battynurse said...

Yes, it rained during the night. It seemed to be coming down at a steady drizzle when I went to bed about 3am. I like rain to a point. I would like to see a bit more of it but not as much as Seattle sees in the winter.

Topcat said...

Ohhhhh ... the weather Gods f*cked up. I got all you rain down here today, Bleu.

I'll send it packing. (I hate rain. Give me sun, with extra sweat)

xox

N7 said...

RAIN DAMNIT! THE PREGNANT LADY WANTS RAIN!!! MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!!

I'm calling every meteorologist in the country to forecast rain. Maybe that will work?












you are so pregnant and i get so excited everytime i click here i just don't want to do it anymore cause i am so excited to death for you and bliss omgggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg i cant deal i totally palpitate with excitement i cannot deal omgggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

ohchicken said...

bleu, i am SO in your...um...boat.

i was actually excited when hurricane ike was supposed to touch us and cause two days of big rain.

...then it shifted direction and we got wind. WIND!

it's been two months since we last had rain that was more than spit, and it's been the driest summer on record.

i thrive on the glory of grey, rainy days. and this relentless sun is getting obnoxious.

that said, the effing meteorologists (whose smugness i blame on our lack of rain) say we are supposed to get showers tonight. i am skeptical.

i'll rain dance with you. just say the word.