Tuesday, October 14, 2008

wahoooooooooooo...

OK so the good news then the bad then the AWESOME.

The good news is the baby is doing great and looks fantastic, like a dancing lil perfect thing.

The bad news is I failed the 1 hour GTTS. I got 152 and needed to be under 135. I now have to do a 3 hour test. UGH!!!

The AWESOME news, if you can believe it, is I am actually feeling the baby move. Today when I went to my appointment I asked that she try the area I was feeling the past 48 hours and she did an abdominal u/s and started there, lower left, and the baby was right there. Then after a few seconds the baby did a body wave and I TOTALLY felt it. She was so excited I could feel it. Then another move I didn't feel but the next body wave I totally felt again, and I have been feeling them the past 48 hours. 13 weeks is WAY earlier than I could have hoped to feel but like with so much about this pregnancy, the early heartburn and nose issues, the many women who took part in making it all possible, and other things, I really feel like the Goddess is giving me these gifts to help me not lose my mind.

So yeah, I am over the moon. The GD stuff is a pain but I am not freaking about it yet.

Thanks again to everyone who has sent me so much support when my mind has been being such a bitch to me.

MWAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

28 om's.:

Anonymous said...

oh Bleu! Fantastic news (you know, other than the whole failing the GTT)...but really, doesn't the fantastic new totally outweigh the cruddy news? CONGRATULATIONS.

(and thanks for all the support)

Cece said...

Good is totally outweighing the bad now! FREAKING AWESOME.

I needed a little good news today. THanks.

MrsSpock said...

Whew- glad the baby is OK. I flunked the 1-hr test as well, and had to do the 3-hr (which I passed). It was so foul. I almost passed out in the lab's waiting room, and then again on the way home after my bs crashed. I'll never drink orange pop again.

Lizzie said...

Awesome indeed!

Carey said...

here's to hoping you escape the baby sugars!! :) When you do the next test, make sure you just don't sit & hang out in the waiting room... go walk around and do normal activities.

annacyclopedia said...

OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so thrilled for you - beyond thrilled, really. Thank you for sharing this wonderful news - my heart is smiling right now.

Lisa said...

simply fabulous!

Megan said...

What wonderful news. And to get to see the little one move while feeling it - a special gift!!!!

luckyduck said...

I am so happy for you! I hope the rest of your pregnancy gives you joy and happiness! Good luck on the GD stuff.

Jill

mulberry said...

go little baby go... love that the s/he is dancing in there!

nancy said...

Wow!!! To feel the baby at 13 weeks, that's gotta be some sort of record. How fantabulous for you!!!

I always fail my one hour GD screen. This time, I actually am skipping it and going straight to the 3 hour - hell, if I'm going to fail it anyway, might as well just get out of the 1st test, right?+

Billy said...

Wow!!! What great news!!!
(though pitty about the sad news)

Jess said...

Yay! So thrilled for you! Feeling movement will help reassure you that things are okay...like a little reminder :)

Anonymous said...

How cool you can feel movements! Better luck with the next sugars test!

battynurse said...

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How exciting on the good news and awesome news. I hope the 3 hour test goes ok and that you pass it.

Mikki said...

It makes my heart so happy to hear your progress. This baby is, quite literally, being born of your love, determination and dedication to bringing him or her to you and Bliss. What an incredible, beautiful thing.

Time to change your "About Me" section...honey, you are no longer TTC...you are a beautiful, pregnant Momma!

Topcat said...

Oh my goodness, what an amazing thing, to feel the baby move already. SUCH a sign.
AWESOMENESSNESS.

Bliss must be excited!

Evillage said...

YES!

We survived baby sugars. Good luck on the 3 hour. Suggestion, bring food for the moment you can eat. I thought S was going to eat her hand.

R said...

That is totally awesome news. I am so impressed and so excited. The time is just flying by and before you know it, he/she will already be here :)

Kim-n-Megan said...

UNREAL BANANA PEEL!!!!!!!!

Mermaid said...

That is so fantastic! I'm so excited you can feel the baby. Hang tough on the GD front.

Sam said...

Didn't I just say something like "I can't wait until you can feel the baby move" and BAM! there you go. I am taking full credit. Or giving super congrats. Either way, YAY FOR YOU!!!!

I took my GD test today. Blech. I hope I pass it because I do NOT want to feel like that again. I hope you pass it on try #2.

chicklet said...

I'm with the rest on the congrats on the good news:-). Sucky test though, ick.

N7 said...

Fuck the GD- you felt the baby MOVE???? MOVE??? LIKE INSIDE YOU??? OMG BLEU OMGGGGGGGGGG YOU ARE SO PREGNANT!! (I'm still gurgling with excitement over THAT news so give me some time to catch up)
I am dying to death here- I can't deal. I need therapy to come to terms with how to deal with how excited I am for you.
MOVE???? OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


xoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

dakota said...

Oh Woooow! So veryveryvery happy for you Bleu. Awesome indeed!
I've been on an unintended hiatus but always chanting for you still sending you love, light..
Love this great news!
xo

Anonymous said...

Hooray! So exciting and wonderful! I am so happy for you. Even though I am a mostly lurker, I have been thinking a lot about you and hoping that you get whatever kind of reassurance to help you feel more peaceful in your pregnancy. Your wiggly munchkin seems to have given it to you!

Cajun Cutie said...

Woo Hoo! three cheers to baby movements! I hope the 3 hr test goes well.

Solitaire said...

Awesome!!!!