Wednesday, February 27, 2008

it begins... (updated)

I started bleeding today and after about 3 hours of passing lots of clots and tons of blood I went into labor. I had awful contractions that got as close as every 2 minutes and then slowed to about every 5. Labor lasted for 5 hours with the first two spent screaming, and that was on Vicodin. I have not passed the babies yet that I can tell, but at least things have eased up. I am hoping to get some sleep before round two starts.

UPDATE: Last night when the contractions stopped I had a clot stuck hanging out of my cervix. I tried bearing down to no avail so I assumed it would pass overnight. Today it had still not passed and I barely bled all night since it was stopping me up. I let the doc know and they called me back and said they wanted me to come in to take the piece out. They were concerned. I went in this morning and he removed the piece from my cervix. He then used round tip forceps to reach inside my cervix and remove another large clot (they were kind and saved all tissue for me). After that came out I began flowing blood again. The pressure also stopped which had begun to cause pain this morning. He next did an ultrasound and said he felt the worst was over and likely the babies had passed (I still have some saved stuff from last night that was questionable). He said I would likely bleed and pass some more clots but not for too much longer as my lining looked good and pretty thinned. I have a lab slip for an HCG next week and as soon as it is to zero I will begin my cycle for the next IVF. I have to take an inventory of what drugs I have so he can tailor my protocol to make me have to purchase the least amount possible.

I do feel better since getting home from there. I am bleeding and passing clots still but I feel so much less pressure and tightness.

19 om's.:

Deb said...

There are no words Bleu. My thoughts are with you through this rough and uncomfortable time.

Anonymous said...

oh honey.
I wish I could hold your hand as you go through this. Please know that I am thinking of you and whispering love out into the universe in the hopes that it will find you and comfort you.

xoxo

MaverickMama said...

The sun is just coming up in my neighborhood. It is a beautiful day with birds singing, and my wind chimes in the breeze. These are the graphic reminders of hope in the mist of such profound pain and sadness.

I am here standing by while you walk through your wilderness. Not so far away, and reaching out my hand to let you know that you and your babies are surrounded by love.
MM

Lizzie said...

So sorry ... I know there are no words to make it better.

AJ said...

Blue,
I am so sorry. I hope this passes quickly for you and you guys can move on. Thinking of you today and wishing a speedy recovery.

Unknown said...

I'm sorry you have to endure this. My thoughts continue to be with you.

NotesFrom2Moms said...

i don't know how to express how sorry i am. I hope the second round lets up a bit or the vicodin takes hold.

Anonymous said...

Darling Bleu, I'm so sorry. I'm so so sorry. You are in my thoughts and I will keep your loss close to my heart. I'm so sorry.

battynurse said...

I'm so sorry.

Anonymous said...

sucks sucks sucks am thinking of you

N7 said...

What an unfair and cruel experience :( I am glad you are feeling some physical relief but I sincerely wish you emotional relief- I am so sorry this is happening to you.
I am sick with sorry if that makes sense. My heart is so heavy for you and baby Bliss.

gold star said...

honey i'm just catching up with your story. i'm just devastated for you. i can't even tell you how my heart sank when I read this news.

girl, if there's one thing I know it's that you've got some strength in you. draw on your strenth as you travel this road again. and know that you've got all our love holding you up from far away.

love to you and your bliss.

tobacco brunette said...

Oh bleu, sweetheart. I'm sorry you're suffering so much, physically and emotionally. I'm wishing you relief soon. My heart is just broken for you. XO

Sam said...

I am so sorry for your loss. Caught between not wanting to let your babies go and knowing you have to...

Solitaire said...

I'm so sorry, Bleu. I wish I could be there to give you some hugs.

Soapchick said...

Bleu - I wish I could be your sister/family and help you through this. You are such an amazing person and mother to Bliss. I hope it is over soon.

Unknown said...

I'm glad some of the pain/pressure has subsided. So glad you're feeling a bit better.

George said...

Oh Bleu...I wish the pain wasn't so bad...I hope you are able to pass everything naturally! I'm praying for you!

Lollipop Goldstein said...

I know you were waiting for the worst to begin and I'm glad that the physical side has now passed. Still sending many hugs for the emotional side.