Wednesday, February 20, 2008

the hat on the right...

The hat was made out of 100% cotton. It fit him as a baby and yet would fit my HUGE head as well which is why I know it was crocheted. The color scheme was very special to me. I have spent literally hundreds of hours searching for one like it online to no avail.

I decided to put it on the blog in case anyone ran across one.

HERE is a link to when I wrote about it before and a bigger picture.

7 om's.:

Anonymous said...

cute hat!
I wish had a lead for you...

Anonymous said...

found one!
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=7863838
I'll e-mail in case that didn't come through...

bleu said...

SO SO close, except the acrylic yarn, mine was 100% cotton which made no itching.

Thanks so much though.

Kim-n-Megan said...

My mum is a knitting and crocheting extraordinaire!!! I am sure she would have no problems crocheting that hat.. and surely we can buy 100% cotton yarn in those great colours!!! I'll ask her this arvo if she'd mind doing it, it would probably only take her an afternoon to do it!!

Tanya said...

Hey Bleu,

I threw one together while I was watching TV tonight. Obviously, it's not the colours you want but you could have a look at it and decide if it's the style you want. I don't know how to send it to you so I'll go post a picture on the Babycenter single moms by choice board.

Tanya

bleu said...

Tanya, you are so sweet. I am clickable both on here and babycenter so just email me.

Fat Girl said...

First, I am SO sorry for your loss! I wish I could do or say something that could make this easier for you.

If you're still looking for the hat, you can commission someone on etsy to knit the hat for you. I know a lady who is a knitting extraordinaire:
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=59695

I know she can make the hat you want if you tell her all the specifications (type of yarn, size, colors, etc.). Worst case scenario, you can get some cotton yarn died to the colors you want.

I wish you the best.