Friday, March 28, 2008

cd1 fun.... (updated)

WARNING: THIS POST IS GRAPHIC AND BLOODY

I have been very lightly spotting for the past week, so light it only showed when I wiped. A couple days ago I started breaking out and had a few light cramps. I thought maybe this was it, I would just have this barely there period. My doc said it could go either way. I POAS Wed. morning and though still a line it has faded a lot since the week before.

Today I was putting something together for Bliss when suddenly I felt a gush. I ran, legs squeezed, to the bathroom and didn't even fully make it. I was hemorrhaging like a river. I felt no contractions but it was coming out in spurts. For lack of a better example it was like vomiting, uncontrollable and in waves. I had jumped in the tub to better keep an eye of the clots I was losing and I wasn't up for toilet fishing. All the blood was very bright red. I continued to flow, like a river non-stop, except for the waves of clots that would spurt out. At one point I looked down and saw a 5 inch wide sheet of a clot and then I called the doc.

The RE clinic today is doing transfers so it is crazy busy, I left word what was up and got off the phone and out of the bathtub when there seemed to be a lull. I put in a Divacup (I use it and love it) and went to find my iron tabs. About 10 minutes later I felt the overflow and ran back to the bathroom. I took the overflowing cup out (it holds 2 ounces) and my cupped hand was filled with a fist sized clot. I was flowing blood over it for about 15 seconds. I waited about 15 minutes for the latest flood to slow and then cleaned up again, replaced the cup and went to try and fix some food.

During this time I got a call, I thought it was the RE so I answered but it was a cousin calling to tell me she gave birth yesterday. I oohed and ahhed and got all the details and then hung up shaking my head at the irony from my very obviously anemic state.

I ate meat and greens and some POM with soda water and then after another 25 or so minutes I had overflowed again. After that cleanup the docs wife called to say I should start my BCP today and take one every 4 hours until this subsides.

At this point the cramps start, which makes no sense but whatever. The came fast and hard. I took a darvocet thinking it would be enough and went to take a shower and bath to relax and clean up more thoroughly. The entire shower/bath (40 minutes) I kept passing clots, now smaller, and bleeding on and off. I got out, the cramps still bad, took the first BCP, took a second darvocet (my Rx says 1-2 every 3-4 hours) and laid down.

Happy CD1 to me. Or not, not sure now.

Update: Bleeding has slowed, clot passage has slowed. The pain meds kicked in and I feel MUCH better. I even made Bliss mini blueberry muffins, at his request of course. I tried to stay laying down but not so possible with him, but we are taking it easy.

My doc just emailed me he thinks it was the last of what he calls the "withdrawl bleed" which apparently maybe isn't my period so now I am still confused. He did say we should be able to move forward now though and "focus on the future" so hopefully this is all good.

8 om's.:

Anonymous said...

B, I'm so sorry. I am aching for you. I wish I could come give you a big hug and make you some tea.
I'm thinking of you and sending you all my love. I hope this pain fades soon. ox

Solitaire said...

Oh no, Bleu! I'm sorry. I hope it lets up quickly.

battynurse said...

I'm so sorry. I hope it all slows down soon.

Anonymous said...

god...that sounds bloody awful (excuse the pun).

are you ever going to get a break?

I hope this is the end of all awful bleeding for you. you have had more than a life-times share of it.

sending good thoughts your way.

Catherine said...

Oh, my gosh that sounds awful. I am glad it is letting up a bit. I am thinking of you.

annacyclopedia said...

That sounds so scary. You are very strong to be able to keep calm and taking care of yourself and Bliss throughout all of that. Hope it all slows down and that you are feeling well.

Anonymous said...

So sorry!!! Here's to feeling better soon :) Many hugs to you!

Lollipop Goldstein said...

Holy shit--that is so scary, Bleu. Please take it easy for the rest of the weekend.