Monday, September 15, 2008

9w0d...

I just got back from my u/s. I was really freaked out the past 2 days so I couldn't even look. He found the hear beat right away and told me so I could relax but my heart rate was ridiculous.

The baby is measuring 8w6d which I am fine with. He had a hard time getting a good view again so I am more than OK with the measurement. The heart rate was 196 which has me a little freaked out but he said he wasn't worried. he said between my high heart rate and adrenaline it was likely cause and effect. He also said he only ever saw problems with low heart rates not high ones. I am still a little worried but my heart rate was way over 100.

Oh I almost forgot, I also asked if the baby should be moving. he said at this stage they usually move every 20 minutes or so, and then we saw it move. It moved again a few minutes later. The doc was really pleased with that and said it was a great sign that we got to see it move. It did this lil wiggle.

He also said that I could come back in 2 weeks for another u/s and if all was well THEN I would graduate. He knows me so well. I was so not ready to graduate today.

I am not sure how I will get through the next two weeks, but I will try. In the meantime he is allowing me to get a progesterone check and a thrombophilia panel. he wants me to stop the heparin after the first trimester but I want the panel to check things first. I have not been tested before so it will make me feel better. If something comes up I can always stay on it throughout the pregnancy.

After the next u/s it will only be a week until the second trimester which makes me happy. He also said Oct. 5 I could stop the Vivelle patches, the Metformin, and the PIO. Truthfully I am most looking forward to stopping the Metformin. I get awful bloating on it.

I still hate that I get no joy from the first trimester, I hate how RPL steals that from you. I need to come to terms with it but it is so hard.

18 om's.:

Anonymous said...

Bleu, I look every morning for your posts and pray for you all the time. I am so happy for you and know that this is finally coming true. I too didnt enjoy my first trimester and was very scared throughout the whole pregnancy, but each ultrasound and dr. check put me at ease.

Are you going to see a high risk OB? If not I would consider it. You get much more specialized attention and it made me less scared during my pregnancy.

God bless you!

Anonymous said...

You're almost to the second trimester, lady!!

And I have to tell you, it was *hell* for me living through those weeks, but now that I'm on the other side I feel like a huge burden has been lifted. Try (if it is possible) to distract yourself from thinking about how much time you have left. Hopefully that will help some days slip by painlessly. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy your ultrasound went well. I can only imagine how hard the waiting and high the anxiety must continue to be. You've been through so much - so it is no wonder that you aren't in a place to feel at all relaxed.

The comments above are right - not too much longer in linear time (different I know in waiting and anxiety time!). Ok - so something that might help some minutes pass by - maybe have you tried reading a book from childhood, that makes you feel good. I often resort back to the Little Princess or Magic Faraway tree when I need a distraction (other than baking cakes!!).

We're all here for you and wishing and praying for the the baby that you have fought so hard for. xxx

Anonymous said...

hurrah for wonderful news!!
& lawd knows I am right there with you in the anxiety hell.

Billy said...

Glad your u.s went well.
Nice of baby to move around just when you asked!
Hope these two weeks just zoom by, and that the 2nd trimester will come quicker than ever so you'll be able to enjoy your pregnancy!

R said...

I"m so glad you posted. i was wondering how you were doing. 9 weeks. already? WOW!! I am so excited for you and soooooooo happy that all was fine at the Dr. positive energy and lots of hugs to you my friend!

Anonymous said...

happy for you and hoping you can find calm and peace...or just be so overwhelmed with healthyness that you can't help but be reassured that all is OK.

mulberry said...

you are doing great! so glad you had such an eventful active u/s. the little one will keep doing her/his thing even though you are worried... thinking of you and sending you many happy distractions...

dakota said...

Your fears definitely resonate for me. RPL is no thief in the night, it brazenly steals from us in broad day light. Hugging you tightly. But not too tight, let's get you breathing deeply and that pressure down.

Loving the news of wiggling little one. xo

JJ said...

So glad to read this! Let the good news keep on comin!

Sam said...

The first trimester was hard for me and now that I'm close to viability I'm worried that something will go wrong before then and we won't be able to fix it and blah blah blah it sucks. I am lame.

I am so glad that today went well for you. BIG hugs for you and yours.

Cece said...

Awesome awesome awesome!!!!

Navigating The Rapids said...

You're almost out of the scary first trimester. Glad the scan went well and here's looking to graduation.

Kim-n-Megan said...

Unreal banana peel!

MrsSpock said...

Hooray! Anothjer week down- keep growing little baby!

Ms Heathen said...

I'm so glad that the ultrasound went well.

I hope that the next few weeks pass quickly for you and that you make it safely through this scary first trimester.

Anonymous said...

Such great news! Your little wriggler is doing great in there - 9 weeks already! I hate that you bear so much understandable stress, but i'm really hopeful that it will ease up a little soon as your little one grows.

Lollipop Goldstein said...

Relieved to hear that it was good.