Thursday, September 04, 2008

two lost hours and the littlest pea...

Today is better.
Thanks so much for all the support, for all the understanding and validation.
As always, it really helps.
It is amazing the power of "being heard" has on one's psyche, on healing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So now I want to take a moment to discuss 2 hours of my life I will never get back.

I have pretty much outlined what new shows I am interested in checking out this fall season. Thanks to Cali's great post with links to a great guide I went through it all and made my pics. I have been adding shows as they become available to my Tivo schedule (btw I ended up fixing my broken Tivo because that new system was so crap).

So I have my list and then J over at Cheese and Whine, who I happen to ADORE, writes the most random post. I am not sure why it struck me so, but it was truly the last thing I EVER expected to read from her. And so I thought to myself, maybe there is something to this new show. I mean surely if J loved it there must be SOMETHING to the new 90210. So I taped it and last night I sat down to watch it after Bliss was fast asleep.

And here is the thing. Was it awful? No, I wouldn't say that. Did I used to watch the original show? Yup, sure did. Was it interesting to see some old faces? Yes it was. Was it cast well? It seems to be.

But I am just not sure I am up for pseudo high school shows anymore. I say pseudo because it is so fantasy and the actors are so beyond that age just like they were in the original series. But I am either too old now or too much a fuddy duddy, I just cannot see wasting an hour weekly to watch people be cruel and vapid and shallow and mean. Especially not people portraying kids.

So it is 2 hours I won't get back. I hold J personally responsible but the whole time I was chuckling. Late last night roomie came into my room and asked what the heck I was watching. I told her how J had raved about it and shocked the hell out of me with her raving so now I was forced to watch it and she just laughed. I think I got a bigger kick out of watching it for that reason more than anything else.

So thanks J.

9 om's.:

Megan said...

We watched it also and I have to agree with most of your comments about the show although I found out about it just from the adds on tv. I didn't make it all they way through because I thought it was an hour long so I went to take a shower and was surprised when my wife was still watching when i got out:)

battynurse said...

Funny thing was that with the original I was young enough (late teens to early 20's) that I actually thought most of the actors were around teenage age. I remember thinking it really weird when I found out how much older they were. As much as I liked the original, the idea of the remake did nothing for me so I didn't even bother. Sorry about the 2 lost hours.

LJ said...

I wont watch again, but did you catch the Andrea joke? I guess her daughter(?) was reading the news, and someone says, "How old is she? Like 30?"

That was worth the hour I wasted on it.

jessie said...

I LOVED it!

j said...

See, I probably should have put a "we shared a bottle of wine with dinner" disclaimer on the post too. But we liked it. It was fluff. And silly. And we'll probably watch again next week.

I'm glad you laughed.

MrsSpock said...

Glad today is better!

I never watched the original show, and I have no plans to watch the new one, but for some reason I have found myself caught up in watching The Secret Life of the American Teenager on abcfamily, and I can't stop watching.

Something must be wrong with me.

Billy said...

I am glad you`re feeling better!

A two hour show - wow, that sounds like a long show!
Good thing at least that you made your roomie laugh :-)

Lollipop Goldstein said...

Seriously, I hold J responsible for every single time I waste an evening.

(Melissa ducks in order to miss getting smacked).

bleu said...

LMAO, THAT was funny!!!