Wednesday, September 17, 2008

the next day...

I have had no spotting or even tinging today.

I am very happy and feel much better about that.

I have felt pretty crappy all day but I am also happy with that.

I feel like I do better in the mornings than the evenings but today it was kind of all day and after eating which sucked.

I am also having fluid issues. I have always loved water, it is honestly my favorite thing to drink of all time. I adore water. I have been drinking huge ice cold glasses of it all day long, at least a gallon a day, sometimes closer to 2. Suddenly a few days ago I could not drink water. I made some bubbly water with my soda maker and that was ok and I have been drinking that. Then that was icky yesterday. I tried lemonade but that was only good for about 2 sips. Milk had been great for me especially in mornings and evenings but that has suddenly been not ok because of the burps and making me sick when I burp milk. I made some iced decaf coffee and that was good for a bit, but not something I want more than a rarity. I drink the bubbly and small cups of plain throughout the day because I refuse not to drink water while pregnant but it is not very good.

I miss water, plain cold water. I want to be able to down 20 ounces in a sip. I know it will come back, and to be honest any symptom is a welcome one, but I still miss water.

23 om's.:

Megan said...

I'm so glad to hear good news today about the spotting!!!

Hope the aversion to fluids ends soon!!

Megan

Unknown said...

sorry about the water, but YAY!!!

dakota said...

Happy to feel crappy - that is a mommy for you. Sorry about the water not tasting "good" but glad you are still drinking anyway...

Anonymous said...

so glad the spotting went and you have extra symptoms to replace it. sucks about the water. funnily enough i am usually not much of a water drinker unless i am pregnant...the reverse of you!

Sam said...

I feel your pain about the water. I am SO GLAD to be able to enjoy a glass of water again. For a while it made my stomach really unhappy. Sparkling water helped a little bit, but I never found anything that I could gulp down like I normally drink water. Crazy hormones!

Ms Heathen said...

I'm so relieved to hear that the spotting has now gone.

I've found some ginger cordial which I've been adding to plain fizzy water, and that seems to help me a little with the nausea. I hope you are able to get back to enjoying your water soon.

Anonymous said...

:-) I'd MUCH rather you were worrying about water than blood.

Jess said...

You sound JUST LIKE ME...I used to love water pre-pregnancy, but then at around 9 weeks I couldn't drink anything. I would force myself to sip all day long and still only get maybe a glass and a half down. I was so worried about how it would affect things, but it never did. Now I'm chugging like a champ again. Don't worry...it will come back. The icks SUCK, but people kept trying to remind me that it was a GOOD sign to be feeling sick. I hope you get over this hump and feel better soon enough! :)

And yay for the no more tinging!!!

LJ said...

Cheers to no spotting! But not with, you know...water.

Anonymous said...

This made me giggle because I had to clean out the fridge this last weekend and throw away All the Things I Could Not Drink from when I was trying to find someting palatable when the morning sickness first struck. BOTTLES and BOTTLES of sparkling juices, flavoried water drinks, regular juices, diet sodas - anything my pukey stomach thought it might be able to take.

Now, I'm not a fan of recommending nausea remedies/foods/etc because what works for one person may not work for the next, but I did find that I could take ice cubes when I wasn't able to drink water. Crunchy, wonderful ice cubes..they also numbed my mouth which sort of distracted me from the feeling of wanting to throw up.

JJ said...

Yay for NO of the "s" word..I wont even type it.

And your whole water thing: THANK YOU! I have felt crazy when trying to explain it to people--I know it doesnt have a "taste" and maybe thats why I cant stand to drink it--its been so hard for me to quench my thirst lately!

MrsSpock said...

I had a water aversion too. We have a reverse osmosis filter, so I know it wasn't the chlorine taste. I would put a dab of lemon in it and that worked for me.

Anonymous said...

Yay too, and bah for the water. I hope the water love comes flooding back (ha!) take care, love xxxx

Jen said...

Yay for the good news!

Billy said...

Happy to hear the spotting stopped.

Hope you will be able to drink water again soon!!!

Peeveme said...

I'm so glad the spotting stopped. U/S seem to trigger that. I'm glad it's nothing to worry about (but, of course, we do). Sorry about not begin able to drink water. I'm sure it will pass. In the meantime I'm impressed by your quest to quench. You have to be able to find a suitable beverage with all your searching.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad all is well!! Except for the nausea, which is definitely *shitty*. I always thought I would be a tough pregnant girl after all my m/cs, but I've found it hard not to complain about that one symptom. But I hope it goes away for you really soon!!

battynurse said...

Glad to hear the spotting stopped. I hope the fluids aversion doesn't last too long.

Topcat said...

Oh, I'm with you. I LOVE drinking water. I'm wishing you a nice, calm, spot-free next two weeks, until your next appt.

hey how cool, a soda maker! The only thing better than water is FIZZY water.

Love to you, Bleu XOXOX

K said...

Yay for no more spotting!

Isn't that weird about the water? I've had exactly the same experience and from the look of your comments, we're not the only ones. How funny! I've never heard anyone talk about that side effect of pregnancy before. I find I have better luck with vita.min water, which isn't the same but it's liquid nonetheless and better than most of the available options, I figure.

You are sooo close to the 2nd tri, my friend. I'll keep sending lots of love your way.

dana said...

Checking in after a while and I am SO happy to hear your continued good news. We are pulling for both you and Bliss and look forward to logging on for more good news in the near future. Sending good vibes your way...

Catherine said...

SO, glad the spotting is gone! This little one is staying put!

annacyclopedia said...

I read this when you first posted it but never got around to commenting - so glad the scary stuff has passed for now and you are enjoying feeling crappy (how's that for an oxymoron?)

Hope the water thing passes quickly and you can get back to drinking whatever quenches your thirst. Everyone else seems to have good ideas - hope some of them help!

And about the washing machine for veggies - I just chucked them in on a regular cycle on cold wash and ran the whole thing. It worked awesome and even dried the veggies in the spin cycle. Best alternative use of technology EVER!