Friday, May 23, 2008

back home...

I just got home. The retrieval went fine as far as the surgery. They got 12-15 follicles but only 6 eggs. I sobbed for about 30 minutes after the surgery in the clinic. The doc and embryologist finally came in together later and talked me down. they were great.

I am bummed but trying to just remain positive.

I will likely go on day 3 for transfer now. I will write more when I get the fertilization report tomorrow.


Oh, and I am currently eating pancakes, sausage, and hashbrowns. It is for comfort and I really don't give a shit right now.

10 om's.:

Lollipop Goldstein said...

I know 6 is not the number you wanted. You did a lot of work and you wanted more to show for it. But 6 is good. 6 is roundness. 6 almost looks like a chicken egg.

I'm just sending good thoughts, sweetie. Rest, eat some pancakes, and take care of yourself this weekend.

Rosy Cowgirl said...

Six is the month of June, which is when you'll find out if this cycle works. It's good luck, I'm telling you.

Sorry you're down. I understand. Not to sound like an enabler, but I hope the pancakes are making you feel better. XO

Anonymous said...

i know you wanted more than 6 but 6 is still OK...i
Hope you are healing fast and aren't too sore and the food is yum yum yummy.

thinking of you. thinking of those little embryos growing magnificantly and strongly.
get lots of rest.

battynurse said...

Six is good. I'm sorry it wasn't more. I know you wanted more and I totally understand that wanting more but six is still good. Hugs to you. And yay for comfort food.

Anonymous said...

I know you are bumming, and I am sorry for that, sweetie. Your RE & his staff are pretty effing awesome & I am putting all my hope & faith that they deliver a ROCKING fertilization report to you.

& YES to pancakes.

Sending you lots of love.
xo

Jen said...

You most definetly need pancakes, sausage and hashbrowns. I think you are entitled to eat whatever you want for those embies coming your way.

I am crossing everything that the six grow wonderfully strong. Wishing you all the best and a great transfer.

Lots of hugs sweetie!

Pepper said...

I'm sorry that the result wasn't what you'd hoped for, but I agree that six is a very lucky number. Here's hoping that those six are the healthiest, most excellent eggs ever.

nancy said...

Six is still good! I know it's less that what you thought, but this is a fresh cycle so you'll get some to transfer. Probably more than enough!

Congrats!! And have fun eating all that yummy food.

Jess said...

Just echoing what the other women said. Hope you are feeling good and putting lots of positive energy towards your team of 6!!

annacyclopedia said...

Thinking of you and sending healthy, thriving, growing thoughts to your little 6 and to you. And I hope you really enjoyed your breakfast.