Tuesday, May 20, 2008

targeted for spite...

So apparently I am to be booed and hissed at for chocing to have a child with donor sperm. Last night while googling about embryo adoption (as I am about to embark on another IVF I like to look at my alternative options for down the road should this not work) and I came upon a site. It is apparently a site very much against donor just about anything. Then to my amazement I find I am listed on the blog list as a baddy.

Here is a link.

Children Have Rights - Say No to Repro Tech


I am kinda part speechless and part just so uninterested in even involving myself with it but it was still pretty sad.

There are actually a few others from my own blog list listed as well.

BTW the owner of the site is NOT a child of DI or any other "repro tech" as she calls it.

16 om's.:

annacyclopedia said...

Oh, Bleu! I knew I shouldn't have followed that link, but I did and now I am so pissed! I'm furious! She's obviously a total nutcase, but still! Part of me wants to email her to tell her to put me on that damn list, too. Maybe I'll drop her a line when I get pregnant. But as you say, it's probably not worth getting involved. I'm sure I won't be able to change her mind no matter what I do. But I believe she has the right to say those things and I have the right to shout louder. Not just the right, but the responsibility.

I'll calm down, read as many of her posts as I can stand, and decide what to do then. Grr. She's awoken the mama bear in me.

But damn! She's a Canadian and a Sagittarius - like ME!!! ARGH!

Anonymous said...

Bleu,
I'm so sorry. It's really unkind to post a link this way without informing you. It's really stabbing someone in the back. Wow.

Of course all mothers of donor conceived children will have to answer to their children. However, I don't think we need to answer to a married hetero who wants to "protect our children" Protect her children from what? And how did my child become her child? And how does she have any say when two consenting adults make a baby. My son's bio dad consented that his genetics could be used to make babies. I consented that his genetics be placed in my body. I loved my baby from the moment he was conceived.....which is more then I can say for some heterosexually conceived children in the world today.

The truth is that women who want to be mothers have been having children regardless of their relationship status for thousands of years. The difference is that with new technology I can be certain to do so in truth and health.

It's kind of disgusting that she is pointing her advocacy toward personal blogs without notification.

MM

nancy said...

It's so sad how people involve themselves with such things. It's a hate site, plain and simple. She is attacking something that she's not involved in. If she doesn't like it, then she shouldn't do it. Plain and simple. Instead, she spouting off her hatred and pointing other people out on her "bad" list.

I find nothing different between her site and any other racist or bigoted site out there.

Shame on her.

Anonymous said...

OMG, I can't believe that site. How ignorant. Please don't give it another thought! Good Luck on your ER, mine is Thursday!

JW Moxie said...

Oh good grief. As both an IFer and a gestational surrogate (or "rented womb" as she would say), I have never before wanted to cyber-slap someone as hard as I'd like to slap her. I wonder how she would feel about it if she was on the other side of the ART fence. Disgusting.

Anonymous said...

ewwwwwww!
I actually was pissed I wasn't on the "baddy list" as I would LOOOOOOOVE to have a conversation with this gal.

sigh

people can be so lame sometimes.

sending love your way.
xo

battynurse said...

Ooh, I like Kymberli's suggestion of a cyber slap. I have stumbled upon this blog before and another and they always piss me off beyond words. If you notice she will post other peoples questions but only answer the part that she wants. Also I looked at some of the comments. there were quite a few from someone who was of course saying the ONLY right way to have a baby is if your married. Because gee whiz, if your married you will of course always get it right? Give me an f-ing break. And have some of these donor gamete children failed to notice that if this technology wasn't used that they simply wouldn't exist? It's not like they'd be themselves only different with their true biological parents, they wouldn't exist!

Sam said...

I left a comment on the blog you mentioned. I thought the owner should know that the "baby trade" list was a great resource for people wanting to talk to wonderful women and men that are parents or want to be parents.

bleu said...

Thanks all. I am not worried. it is a religious zealot with intolerance seeping out every pore. I am not even going to begin a dialog with such a person. I just wanted others to be aware.

Anonymous said...

How depressing.

Anonymous said...

BOO HOO on them! It's awful to think that people have such closed minds that they devalue the gift of life whether it come from a donor or your own...what is the difference? Please don't even give them any energy since they are idiots and no nothing.

Anonymous said...

Nauseating. I'm so proud of you and the example you set for those of us also trying to conceive with donor anything.

Much love to you and fuck-off fingers to the zealot.

Jess said...

Yuck. I have no time for hatred.

N7 said...

what a fucking freak job...seriously...a complete pathetic loser who has scoured the internet and blog world seeking out those that she compiled her 'list' with.
Sorry loser. I have a few other choice words but I'm too nice...

Cajun Cutie said...

It always amazes me how ignorant and one sided people can be. People always have opinions about things they no nothing about. Don't let this woman and her shit falling out her mouth (or on her computer screen) to bother you. Wishing you all the best in your ER tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Bit disappointed to see I'm not on the bad guy list either.

Love the way the author insinuates that one just goes sperm shopping/womb renting and gets a magical baby 9 months later. If it's that simple why are there so many IF bloggers doing cycle after cycle?