Monday, May 26, 2008

show and tell...

This is my first show and tell. I have been planning it a while but wanted to wait until today to add the new one.

Every transfer day at my clinic you are awarded a crown with your name on it. It is to remind you that you are a princess and to make sure you get the royal treatment for the week of transfer.

The top one is from today, the bottom left is from my FET and the bottom right is from my IVF#1.

I love that they do this and it really touches me each time.

Today one PA waved a wand over my belly after, it was a magic wand with a star shape on top. I always say the little light that shows on the u/s when the transfer looks like a little star in my womb so she used the star wand instead of the heart one.

The docs wife, who has retired to be home with her girls, came in today just for my transfer and to support me. After she gave me a Guatemalan Hope Doll for luck as well.

There was lots of hugs and love all around.

I am truly lucky to have these people taking part in such a truly important part of my life and such a hard part as well.

Click here to see more of Show and Tell that Mel puts together each week.

11 om's.:

Unknown said...

They sound absolutely fabulous over there! I can't wait for the June 4th news!

Kim said...

How fantastic, that your medical caregivers are ACTUALLY showing care! Glad the ET went well, and am keeping you in my thoughts.

battynurse said...

Glad that the transfer went well and hope the TWW isn't too bad. And crowns, what a very cool idea.

Lollipop Goldstein said...

That is truly one of the most fantastic clinic experiences in the world. It makes a world of difference to know so much love and hope is going into the process.

Anonymous said...

Oh Bleu. I have just about everything crossed for you for this cycle.

I've saved every single one of my crowns from all of my transfers (all 6 of them!) They all mean so much to me.

I have to say, I am jealous you got to see Alisa. I went in for my baseline on Wednesday and there were so many new faces! They're all great (the little interaction I've had with them, but it's not the same as Alisa's smiling face). (BTW: out this month because of a huge cyst-nice!)

Anyway-Hoping that June 4th brings fantastic, wonderful, great news!

melissa

Anonymous said...

whoops-that last one was Melissa...sorry about that!

bleu said...

Oh Melissa I am so sorry about the darn cyst. That sucks. Thanks so much for the sweet support.

Tanya said...

It's so sweet that she would do that for you. I hope one of this little ones hunkers down for the long haul...

Jen said...

I love love love the princess crowns. I think maybe I should wear one to work today. Wishing you all the best. The embies look beautiful!

JW Moxie said...

What fabulous idea. It really makes a difference when your medical caregivers go the extra mile!

Anonymous said...

wow. that is so cute!