Wednesday, May 28, 2008

musings from the bed...

So I have been mostly laying down all day long. bliss has been terrific with it and really gets that I need to take it easy for a few days. One of the positives of him being five and a half.

Watching movies and TV though is not conducive to healthy eating. I have been back on the good diet for two days and then I saw it. The damn Breyers peach Ice cream commercial. I mean, come on!! I am not made of steel here. then I told roomie about it and suddenly she had to have it too. So I had it and omg was it oh so so so good. they are a smart company. Make amazing all natural peach ice cream that is super creamy and advertise right before peach season when it is just upon us and we are dying for that first true taste of summer. The rest of the day followed with potato chips and onion dip (with carrots too) and then toast and Kashi cereal with milk AND half and half and buttered toast on the side. I had warm milk and honey before bed.

See, all or nothing girl. UGH. I am not beating myself up over it, I will start again tomorrow and see how it goes. I am planning on making a healthy coconut chicken soup for dinners for the rest of the week on Thursday and will have fresh salmon tomorrow. I am being easy on me about it all, I just find it so ridiculously predictable of me.

I also watched an amazing documentary Hear and Now. WOW it was so moving and so bittersweet on so many levels.

Oh and I have been tweaking things on the blog. I finally figured out how to change the wording for comments thanks to a push from Michell and a quick search. I chose to make it say Om's because it is the sound of creation, my sons middle name, and the perfect thing for commenting, IMO.


P.S. here is a link to the Thai Chicken-Coconut Soup for Sam.

10 om's.:

Sam said...

Are you making the soup from scratch? It sounds really good and I sure wouldn't mind it if you posted the recipe.

If you ever need technical blog assistance, feel free to email me. I'm cheap. (Well free but that's cheap, right?)

Anonymous said...

hey sweetie!
I am just catching up with you and wanted you to know that I am sending SO SO SO much good mojo to you right now.
I think sending some yummy peach icecream flavors towards your mid section is a wonderful way to convince those embryos to snuggle in!
xoxo

Jen said...

I'm addicted to Breyer's Cherry Vanilla. Mmm...

And sending you many sticky thoughts. You deserve great news!

Jess said...

I will be needing to buy some Breyers on the way home today! All my good thoughts go to you as you and Bliss and your embies hunker down.

JW Moxie said...

Peach ice cream...yum. I'd probably go out and get some if it wasn't for the unfortunate fact that I have the cooties.

I watched Hear and Now last week. It was great. I can't imagine making such a huge change like that and it's easy to see how it was all so overwhelming for them.

Sam said...

Yummy, thank you! I would use some sort of rice noodles that I buy at a local asian market because I have gluten issues. By the way, I visited Gluten-free Girl from your blog and was amazed. It is a buttload of tasty and Sam-safe food all in one place.

Tanya said...

MMMM... I have Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia (the yogourt version is so much yummier) in my freezer. However, here I am dutifully eating my home made, barbequed stir fry... so good, I love the bbq wok.

That documentary looks good... I will admit to being a documentary junkie.

Kim-n-Megan said...

Love the new loook! And the OM's is especially special! Good luck co-TWWer!

JW Moxie said...

I'm dropping in again to see how the 2ww is treating you!

more BEANS please said...

Thinking of you honey. Fingers crossed.