Sunday, May 25, 2008

news...

I sort of refused to get up this morning until I got the call. They called at 9:02.
The 2 that were good yesterday still are and are at 4 cell stage. One of the other 2 fertilized normally and is at 2 cell stage. The other they are still waiting to see if it does anything. So as it stands today it looks like I will be transferring 3 but I am still hoping for a 4th.

I also got bumped up to 10:00am so I get to be the first transfer of the day. This is great because it means no waiting with a full bladder because of someone running late.

Last fresh IVF they got 11. Of those 5 had fertilized normal and 3 abnormal the same way with extra sperm and three were wait and sees. Of those 3 two caught up. So I am pretty much the same as last time but on a smaller scale since they got fewer this time.

The past two days have been spent in a homemade mac 'n cheese, homemade angel food cake and pancake stupor. Last night I tossed away all extras and was planning on getting back to my diet today. Since I refused to wake this morning while Bliss played with roomie (he calls her his aunt which I love) they decided to cook for me. Bliss and I have been cooking together more and more lately. So when I did get up fresh pancakes were waiting for me. To be honest they were the last thing I wanted. I have been feeling awful in my tummy for two days, but I ate them and raved. Bliss was so thrilled. So tomorrow it will be back to the strict eating and I am not sure but maybe we will have pizza for lunch today to go out with a bang. I have zero interest in weighing myself to see the damage I have done in 2 or will be 3 days.

10 om's.:

battynurse said...

Yeah don't weigh yourself. It's better not to. I will continue to hope that the last egg fertilizes and that you will have 4 to transfer. And yay for being the first. I had never thought about how it's good to be first but that totally makes sense.

Lollipop Goldstein said...

I also agree--don't weigh yourself. Just move on from here.

And three is a round number too--bumps and soft edges. It feels like a very feminine, maternal number.

Anonymous said...

all food consumed during stims & up to & through ER/ET does not count. At all.
Will be thinking of you and sending you lots of love.

annacyclopedia said...

I agree, too. Skip the weighing. You've got enough to deal with right now - you don't need to be hard on yourself. Hoping you can hold all the food stuff with lots of gentleness.

I'm wishing for 4 for you, but like Mel, I have a good feeling about 3. You're in my thoughts and prayers, Bleu.

Pepper said...

Definitely skip the scale! Today is a day that's all about you and those embryos and a silly number on an inanimate scale shouldn't ruin it.

Here's to hoping that those embryos are the best ones ever.

more BEANS please said...

Thinking of you and don't worry about the extra pancakes!! Take care and fingers crossed.

tobacco brunette said...

I've never been a numerology girl and I HATE math, but since starting IVF treatment I have found I often look for significance in the numbers - eggs retrieved and fertilized, blastos, transfer dates, blah, blah, blah. For your three embies (so far), it occurs to me that when you give Bliss his brother or sister, you'll be a family of 3. Soooo...good luck, right?

Fine, fine. Shoot me a "stick your numbers game up your ass, sister" email and make fun of my snobby stationery (you know you want some). It will make you feel better. Then make up for it by sending me your extra mac and cheese. Though I'm not sure it will travel well.

Thinking of you, of course. XO

Solitaire said...

Good luck tomorrow! And I agree, don't weigh yourself. Wait at least a week so the damage, er, stims bloat goes down.

Anonymous said...

Nice work on the growing and dividing! Good luck with the transferring. (I'm :-o they let you transfer 4 - we're only allowed a max of 2 and they keep trying to talk us down to 1).

And yeah - ignore the scales.

Sam said...

Oh it works! Yay! Here's hoping the transfer goes well!