Saturday, July 26, 2008

cd12 u/s for ivf#3...

This morning started out hectic. The Tivo in my room went out, as in whole box, no power. Yes there are other tv's in the house, but this one had 41 episodes of Max and Ruby saved. Forty one people. And each one has 2 episodes on it.

Bliss handled it great but sheesh.

So I was on the phone with them and trying to get him breakfast and trying to get homemade chocolate chip cookies made all before my 10am u/s.

I made 80 cookies before we had to leave and got the new Tivo DVR box ordered and on it's way.

The u/s was uneventful. I have 7 on the right and 1 on the left. Hopefully most of those will be fully mature. The main thing I worry about is if it happens like last time where I have half of them empty. THAT would definitely cause some serious crying.

But I am ok. I gave myself 24 hours to wallow after the cd9 u/s and only ended up needing about 15 of it. I am over the first emotional hurdle and now hopefully what we do get will be filled and mature.

The docs wife is going to be there for my ER which is scheduled for 9am on Monday and that is wonderful news because she has this way of making me feel better even when things are crap. She has fantastic empathy and it will help having her there. As an SMC we have people in our lives but not always someone like a partner to hold your hand through bad news so finding that in her has been special. She has retired from working there though to spend more time with her own kids so coming in for my retrieval is very special indeed.

The doc ate a cookie as soon as I gave them to him and then in the 5 minutes he took to take them back and wait for my exam room to be ready he apparently ate 2 more because when he came in he said he had eaten 3 already. The office was shocked because he totally lives by his eating plan as a rule and they said eating one is one thing but three was a shock. I hope he gorges all day today. heh

So I am ok, just preparing for my ER Monday and hoping for the best. I feel every one of you out there holding my hand and cheering me on and it helps so much.

I typically get quiet around this time but I will definitely post after the ER.

7 om's.:

Anonymous said...

hand holding from the other side of the world. sending so much luck and good wishes and hoping so hard THIS is it for you, lovely bleu.

Tanya said...

I think I love your doc and his wife.

Ruby is so bossy. I can't believe you watch that. :P

Patricia said...

Sending only good thoughts.

I love that your doc scarfed down those cookies.

Sam said...

I miss Max and Ruby. I'm sitting here, cheering your on, holding your hand.

Catherine said...

Your drs wife sounds great. I am glad she it their for you. I hope your retrieval goes well and you on your road to a BFP! Bliss loves Max and Ruby, so does Robbie. We say them live on stage last month.

Anonymous said...

Holding your hand from the great, thunderstormy North. I'm hoping all this electrical energy means tremendously good news for you tomorrow.

JW Moxie said...

I'm sending you positive energy and thoughts. I can't wait for the update. Holding my breath...