Saturday, July 12, 2008

worth a thousand feelings... (show and tell)

I wanted a new wallpaper for my mac and went looking around. I found this great site and started looking. I have been wanting something with fall or winter and trees. Probably because I am stuck in smoky boiling hot hell out here in Sacramento and am yearning for it to be over and to see the signs of fall. Also probably because the sooner fall and winter come the sooner it will be early spring and moving to Canada time.

So back to wallpapers. I found this site and then found this picture. It is by this incredible photographer named Paul Gerritsen. He is from Holland and I believe this picture was taken near his home there. Before you read anymore please click it and see it as it should be seen, full screen.

Then I want to ask a question.




Does it make anyone else want to cry? Not a bad cry, just a cry, one that cleanses you and empties you out by letting all the pressure out but then fills you up again with something else, something nice, something better. Does that happen for anyone else when they look at it?


Now go see others at Mel's and her Show and Tell.

12 om's.:

Lollipop Goldstein said...

It looks exactly like the drive into the place I used to work. This long road lined with trees on either side and the road was always covered with fallen leaves in the fall. It makes me sad to think about how you can only access certain times of year during that time of year. Does that make any sense? I like summer, but I love fall the most and winter second. It makes me feel sad that you can only be in those spaces for such a short period of time before they change.

battynurse said...

Very pretty. I love fall. Hate winter, not so fond of summer but love fall.

Queenie. . . said...

It makes me feel incredibly peaceful. I love walking through the woods at that time of the year. Even on cloudy days, everything is so bright and gorgeous.

momofonefornow said...

You were so right about seeing the picture full-screen. It is beautiful.

It didn't make me want to cry but it did make we want to find that place so I could just sit there for awhile. Just sit and listen, and look, and smell, and just take it all in. I don't know if that will make sense to anyone else.

luna said...

gorgeous. makes me want to sit and just smell the leaves and air.

Just Me. said...

makes me want to walk, think, ponder, or maybe, just not think...thinking too much lately is not doing good for me. :(

love the picture.

Catherine said...

Love the picture. Fall is such a beautiful time of year. When I was little we would go on a mini trip to Bangor in the fall just to have a long drive looking at all the changes.

Anonymous said...

Bleu-
A much belated thank you for your comment, it helped.

That picture reminded me of a favorite walk I had, through a great park in Williamsburg that was mostly woods. When the dog was just a pup I would take him every day and he would race around, hurdling logs and barreling into piles of leaves.

My favorite season. One of my favorite places. The picture does make me a little melancholy. Maybe because it is all about change and a year coming to a close...

Smiling said...

It does have a certain power doesn't it. I think a few weeks ago it would have brought tears.. but today it makes me want to run forward pausing only to frolick in the leaves. I guess that says a bit about how my life is twisting and turning.

I may come back though the next time i feel the need for a good cry. I suspect the photo would work well for that:)

Anonymous said...

It is stunning! All I want to do is run in the leaves and throw them up in the air to fall around my face...

Peeveme said...

For me I let out an audible gasp. I feel lucky to have seen it. Lucky to have that image hit my retinas. Beautiful. Thanks for sharing. It improved my day.

Sonya said...

It's a beautiful photo!