Wednesday, July 16, 2008

stuff...

So I started stims yesterday. This is the first time I haven't been on Lupron before stims started and it is strange but nice. I am loving not having the headache and Lupron bitch. I am still unclear on what, if any, side effects to look forward to with Ganirelix.

Last night I was giving myself my Menopur shot, Bliss had asked to watch which he doesn't very often. Anyhow I mix and give the shot and then realize I only gave myself one vial when I always take two. I laughed and told Bliss I had messed up and had to give another. But because I hadn't given the FSH shot yet I just mixed the second vial with that. I don't usually but did last night just to make it easier. I was pretty amused I had made such a rookie mistake this late in the game.

I am pretty emotional this week for lots of reasons, I am trying to just focus on getting from one day to the next right now and get through it all.

On a completely different note, does anyone watch Saving Grace? I know the show is a bit controversial but it is really riveting to me. I also happen to love Holly Hunter as an actor. I would love it if anyone else was watching and we could discuss, the season opener is flooring me as usual.

10 om's.:

Cece said...

I totally watch Saving Grace! Love it!

And hurrah for getting started with stims... good luck.

R said...

I LOVEEEEEEEEE Saving Grace! I think she is hot! And I just love the show. I have it DVR'd so i have not watched the season opener. When did it come on?
This is what happens when we have a part time job in addition to afull time job. LOL!!

Cajun Cutie said...

Good Luck with this cycle. I also watch Saving Grace.

tobacco brunette said...

Good luck!!!

I don't watch Saving Grace, but think I will give it a try. You said it was controversial, so now I'm intrigued.

Anonymous said...

Only side effects I noticed w/ganirelix were pretty minor. I got a slight rash at the injection site (about 1") that went away after about an hour. Wasn't painful. I did notice that the stims started to sting once I started the ganirelix though. Not horribly, but a bit more than at the beginning of each cycle, when they barely even registered on the pain scale. Fortunately, you usually only use garnirelix for a short time so no biggie.

Hope your side effects are equally unimpressive!

Best of luck

-J

Catherine said...

Good luck with this cylce. I am pulling hard for you!

battynurse said...

Hope the stims go great and you have super great results.

Anonymous said...

yay for the beginning of stims!! & double YAY for no lupron!

when is your next scan??

I tried to watch Saving Grace season 1 but I just couldn't get into her character.

Jess said...

Hi, just wanted to say that I had no problems with Ganirelix...and it didn't sting like the stims did, so that was a bonus. Good luck with this cycle!! I am really hopeful for you!!

Anonymous said...

Saving Grace fan here too....