Tuesday, July 01, 2008

blah blah blah...

I am doing ok today. Thanks so much for all the wonderful supportive comments. They mean so much and only all of you really get how much of a difference that kind of support makes.

I have started back on restrictive diet today and am doing ok so far.

I have also decided to sign up for a local CSA to have fresh veggies dropped off. I love veggies and hate how much go to waste each month. Bliss loves fruit mostly and some veggies, roomie likes 3 veggies and not very often. I am hoping getting the box will allow me to just work with what I have and use it up until it's gone.

This CSA is great because you can customize the order to not have stuff you don't like, which for me is okra, persimmons, and radishes. The first I do not even know if they have at any time and the last two I don't even hate, they would just be a waste. I love pretty much all other veggies, or want to. What is up with rhubarb??? I am a BIG pie maker but have never liked it in a pie. I am still determined to find ways to enjoy it though.

I also like that you can have it come every week or two weeks or three or whatever. I also LOVE that they deliver to the door. I signed up for a different one a couple years back and had such a time being at the pick up each week, or remembering. So this one is nice, plus it's all organic and local.

I saw two movies yesterday. We took Bliss to see Wall-E and it was such a great movie. We all really enjoyed it. It is so great to go out and spend that much and really love the movie. Then last night I watched 27 Dresses with a dear friend. It was cute and I totally enjoyed the company even if we were both in our homes chatting online. It is truly the little things that make such big differences sometimes.

I didn't mention in the last post but a few days ago I got a call from a neighbor, she said she was home from work and did I want to chat. This is very sweet but she never calls to just chat so as soon as I walked outside to chat across our shared fence I knew. She was soooo excited to tell me she was pregnant. They had decided to make an RE appointment in September so this is very nice for them. She knows all about my IVF's and mentioned it is why she was so excited and couldn't wait to tell me in particular. she knew because I was trying so hard I would just be that much more excited for her.

She is a very sweet woman and truly meant what she said. She truly does not understand and I am happy for her but there was this smile plastered to my face and my voice was about 3 octaves higher the whole time we chatted.

10 om's.:

JW Moxie said...

We also went to see Wall-E today and we enjoyed it immensely.

Talking in dog registries with a fake, frozen smile? Been there, done that. Hugs to you.

Sam said...

Er...damn. I'm happy about the vegetables but the neighbor? Ouch. I'm sorry. I hope I can avoid being that obnoxious.

Anonymous said...

ouch too.

Anonymous said...

Oooh - that's a conversation you never should have had to have. Poor Bleu.

If you're at a loss as to what to do with rhubarb, send it to me!! I love it! Bliss might like it raw in a stick with a bag of sugar to dip it in. It makes great crumble too, with apple. But that might be too like pie?

Lollipop Goldstein said...

It's always interesting when the other person thinks that their happiness will become your happiness. It's this strange human belief :-)

I have two words for you: Barbara Kafka. Her book, Vegetable Love, is the answer to every CSA. It is simply how to prepare every vegetable in the world. I love this book so much.

Briar said...

I am still so upset that we didn't get in to our CSA - it was like college rejection. We really were excited about it even though it wasn't nearly as customized as yours. Sounds great. Radishes are soooo good with salt. And butter, but that defeats their good-for-you-ness, I suppose. But rhubarb - Wes eats this constantly. He strips off the strings, cuts them small and cooks it in water and sugar for a gazillion years. Then adds strawberries and cooks forever. Low heat. It turns into a compote and he eats it in a yogurt granola parfait. It is one of his favorite things. I can get a more specific recipe if it appeals, though I bet he found his online.
So sorry about neighbor. It sucks when people are so sincere like that and you just feel your head exploding.
Thinking of you.

Catherine said...

The veggie service sounds great. Wish we had it here. It would really motivate me to cook healthy. Of course I should get off my but and start my own garden. I am sorry about your neighbor, she doesn't get it, she hasn't been down your path. Sometimes pregnancy happiness has blinders on it.

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure what you are restricting; I feel like flour is one of the things. But if it's not, I just made rhubarb, pear, blueberry muffins. I used whole wheat flour, honey instead of brown sugar, extra blueberries, and sprinkled them with raw pumpkin seeds. This recipe was the first one I made where I did not miss the white flour.

I'll keep my eye out for other rhubarb recipes.

Catherine said...

Thanks for the CSA link. We make check them out at the Kingston Market, it is not that far away. We went apple picking in Kingston last year and it was about 25 minutes (ferry ride included). The Kingston Penisula might be the knid of area you are interested in. Lots of Farmland, pretty, lots of space, very affordable land and about 20 minutes to the city.

Peeveme said...

About your neighbor. I'm finding that the "sub-fertiles" can be even more clueless than the "fertiles". The sub-fertiles THINK they know. But they sooo don't get it. A real infertile would know that THAT particular announcement is never met with pure joy. It always hurts even when you are happy for the person.

I hope it's you making an announcement soon.