Sunday, June 01, 2008

out of the mouthes of babes...

Bliss is a great eater but lately he wants to be fed, often. I battle in my head between "my gosh he is way old enough to do this on his own" and "oh my baby he won't want this much longer" and it goes either way depending on what I am doing at the time. Sometimes I get exasperated and make him do it and other times I do it. I also find at times it ensures he eats his meal in a much more timely manner than when he dawdles doing it himself. I also find that he usually wants it when I have been preoccupied and he is wanting more direct attention and I feel it is a way for me to re-focus on his needs.

Today he is eating fish sticks and baked fries and watching a movie with me and I say ok to feeding him. His response is as follows.

"When you feed me it is like I just lay back and you worship me."

I choked laughing and had a premonitory chill of what is to come of his teenage years.

He is so on to me.

5 om's.:

JW Moxie said...

Q-T. He's a charmer for sure!

Lollipop Goldstein said...

Oooh...you want them smart. But not that smart :-)

Hmmm...we're going through a "feed me" phase too.

N7 said...

Gotta give the man points for seeing the truth :) He is worthy of the worship- especially since he makes a mean pot o soup...

Pepper said...

Okay, that was priceless! I hope the next few days pass quickly and peacefully for you.

Sam said...

I find when Chicken is being especially needy that I need to pay attention to where I am emotionally and how he is feeling-it sounds like you are doing the same with Bliss. Bliss is a little smart, you think?